• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Custom fit windshield sunshade!

Icefury

Veteran CEG'er
With summer approaching I wanted to get a custom sunshade to replace my universal wally world one that did the job, but did not fit great. I picked up the Intro-Tech Automotive custom sunshade for $40 shipped from Auto Anything. Worth every penny! The fit is near perfect only being "slightly" short on the sides (trivial amount). The material in this shade is much beefier than you typical $15 universal job.

Notice how the lower dash (most susceptible to dash warp) is fully protected. That alone justifies the cost IMO. Just wanted to pass this on...

http://www.autoanything.com/driving-accessories/60A4065A0A0.aspx

Sunshade2.jpg

Sunshade1.jpg

Thanks for posting that, the universal one I got at Autozone didn't fit right and I gave it to my brother. I think I will try that one, fit looks good.
-J

but how do you drive with it? :laugh: nice, I dont think I need one, the MA sun isnt THAT bad...i dont think... :shrug:

but how do you drive with it? :laugh: nice, I dont think I need one, the MA sun isnt THAT bad...i dont think... :shrug:
Sunshades are the best way to prevent dash warp.

I like that sunshade .. I'm not prepared to spend $40 on one quite now, but will keep this in mind for future.

While's it's cooler/cold a majority of the year MA still see's 90+ days with 100 humidity. I'm in MN and I still consider this a must have. Also consider the protection it offers from the sun bleaching the most expensive parts of your increasingly difficult to replace interior.

While's it's cooler/cold a majority of the year MA still see's 90+ days with 100 humidity. I'm in MN and I still consider this a must have. Also consider the protection it offers from the sun bleaching the most expensive parts of your increasingly difficult to replace interior.

...maybe ill pick up a cheapo

yeah, SOUTHERN MN. :laugh:

Time for me to buy a new one actually. In Texas it seems like you can get two summers before they start to turn to dust and leave pieces of themselves up against the windshield which is the most annoying place to clean.

Time for me to buy a new one actually. In Texas it seems like you can get two summers before they start to turn to dust and leave pieces of themselves up against the windshield which is the most annoying place to clean.

Windshields and rear windows are my places of annoyance.

Last edited:
I probably wouldnt know if my rear window area was dirty until the next time I have tint done. :) I never have passengers in the back (used one back seat in over 1 year now) and I'm only in the back seat if I'm pulling the seats down for more storage space.

Back