• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

There is just something so right about this... 56k die

WorldTour

I Feel More Like I Do Now Then When I First Got He
Well, some of you know that I put my black car up for sale a few weeks back, what most of you don't know is that it sold within a couple days after the ad was posted. This allowed me to keep a promise to myself which was "Get my old car back."

I've only had it a couple weeks and it needs a lot of TLC, but she cleans up pretty good.
slvr-above.jpg

slvr-side.jpg

slvr-back.jpg

I haven't spent much time on the outside of the car just yet, just a mild hand polish to get the fallout out of the clearcoat, but it still needs some huntervf magic done on it to make it really shine.
When i got the car the engine bay was pretty dirty and a rats nest of wires, conveluted tubing, white zip ties, and electrical tape.
Here is what it looked like when I got her back:
slvr-before.jpg

And after an afternoon of cutting out loose wires & zipties, removing tape & tubing, using a little high temp paint and then coating everythign with Magic Mix Phase2 this is what it currently looks like:
slvr-after.jpg

It still needs headlights, struts, motor mounts, an intercooler, brake paint, new exhaust, speakers, and some other minor problems taken care of... but bringing her back to her former glory should be pretty fun.

Just wanna say thanks to Steeda, Barge, Rara, Pudmunkies, B.Brattania, BigBen, MxRacer, & the Mods for keeping their mouths shut so I could keep it a secret for the EOSB!
-Mark

Cool, its strange how cars circulate around here... =)

Tho.. personally, i dont think the rim color goes well with silver.

hah... i love those wheels on that car.

good to see you have your baby back mark. stupid people and their secrets!! :laugh:

nice pickup Mark! I believe i know that car from the classifieds as well, was it the one with the 18 RS5s iirc? anywho yea great car you got there and I still love those rims! it may not match with the silver but the rims are nice as they are. Keep her purty!

woot-- i kept my mouth shut-- even after the highway sighting post haha-- trust me, that car rips :) hope it's staying in good health, with you, i'm sure it is !

Glad to see ole 594 is back home again :cool: !

Funny thing is that car is actually #574. We were talking about that today. When i was having stickers made i had a friend who worked for SVT at the time (this was before I went to work there) email me my production numbers and he fat fingered it leading me to make the wrong number on the decals. Just one more interesting tidbit into the history or this particular car. :D

nice pickup Mark! I believe i know that car from the classifieds as well, was it the one with the 18 RS5s iirc? anywho yea great car you got there and I still love those rims! it may not match with the silver but the rims are nice as they are. Keep her purty!

you do realize thats is Marks old car correct???? So he bought the car sc'd it then sold it. Now he owns the same exact car again

I bought the car stock on 10/29/99 w/ 24k on it. I pretty much did all the mods to it including the SC (which was the 2nd or 3rd Vortech install on the boards) and When I lost my job in June of '02 I took at a job at SVT and moved to the detroit area I was in extremely bad financial shape. In March of 03 I sold the car in order to get an apartment and take care of some outstanding bills. At that time I did not want to sell it because I had so much time (and money) invested in to it so I promised myself that if I ever had the opportunity to get the car back I would do what I had to do to get it back. Well, I decided to put my black car u for sale and someone jumped on it rather quickly and right about the time i put it up for sale this car went up for sale also. After some haggling over price we came to an agreement and I picked the car up and brought it home where it belongs.
-Mark

Last edited:
Funny thing is that car is actually #574. We were talking about that today. When i was having stickers made i had a friend who worked for SVT at the time (this was before I went to work there) email me my production numbers and he fat fingered it leading me to make the wrong number on the decals. Just one more interesting tidbit into the history or this particular car. :D

Hmmm ... very interesting . I'm sure you'll have it back to 100% in no time at all .

"Fat fingered it" - LOL :D !

Back