• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Looking for local smog friendly shop.

oh yes.... last time I was there (M!key was there the same night too) they had a sick widebody M3 strapped on that thing... mmmmm

Probably cheaper to drive it out to PRT in WI....I heard they do awesome work....I've even got some of their stickers....

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick M3!

yup, I thought it was pretty funny, I was talking to Mtang about that car about a week before it showed up at his shop.

and either they repainted that car, but I saw an absolutely identical one in blue a few weeks back.

it was blue and the new owner repainted it black... I guess it used to hit the shows in Chicago when it was blue..

Not sure about price.... give them a call or stop by and see what Joe says -- Chris would probably do the work as he's the big Duratec Man there.

The Speed Shop
5119 Torque Rd
Loves Park, IL 61111
(815) 633-9775

I wish I could remember where I read about Speed Shop. It was on another forum and a lot of ppl had some not nice things to say about them.

I wish I could remember where I read about Speed Shop. It was on another forum and a lot of ppl had some not nice things to say about them.

There were a few things posted on some message boards from some car club members who didnt tell the entire truth on any of their whinings. Its a reputable shop and I don't regret giving them any of my business or dropping quite a bit of cash there.

The biggest whiner of them all was a person who ran out of money and couldn't finish paying them so they stopped working on the car. The kid basically just up and left and later went to the BBB stating that he was not at fault which was completely incorrect.

Back