• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Oh well the forum are down so I post here SC pics new

BurritaSVT

Veteran CEG'er
Ok I will be finishing up the pulley system tomorrow and making the mount then I will ship off the materials back to my machinist to reproduce the plates out of solid aluminum and have the pulley made for us. We have some idler pulleys we are adding to the setup one up top by the SC pulley is why you see the plate up so high and we are making an arm with another one around the smaller pulley that drives the SC. We are able to use a large 5" pulley for the main serptine belt we are calculating the SC to turn 8000 rpm to 10000 rpm at first. Then we will build the setup where if you want to raise the boost you just replace the outer pulley at the dual pulley setup by unbolting it, The final version will have 2-3 bolts fastening the two pulley together so before you ask the pulley are just in position not functional at all. Joey
mazda6pulley.jpg

mazda6pulley1.jpg

mazda6pulley2.jpg

we are going with style hood for the mazda 6 maybe without the clashy metal trim more like a subtle hump like the speed 6 has.Joey
2005-AC-Schnitzer-Tension-Concept-BMW-Hood-1024x768.jpg

now we already have a hood for our car ryanblacksvt has it on his car will work perfect o gain the height back. joey

here is the last step to the pulley we are going to make sure we don't have any belt slipage by make two idler pulleys on the sc belt and the 5" drive pulley should have plenty of surface friction to not slip either. Here are few pics I am heading off to go pickup some materials for the mount and I will be done till tomorrow joey
mazdapulley3.jpg

mazdapulley4.jpg

we have a 300* wrap around the main serpentine belt I can imagine that will slip because the larger the pulley the less you need wrap it that is why cobras use a close idler when they lower there pulley size to 2.20 size. It only take 25hp to run this sc that is hardly nothing

I run a 106.5 inch long serpentine belt (6rib) on my mustang and it doesn't slip, and if it is done properly it won't slip. There are a lot of aftermarket s/c kits for domestics which run the serpentine belt for the s/c

Back