• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mach1 lip say wha?

That doesnt end anything. The OP did something that was a new option not many people would think to try and people immediatly go into the normal mirko or nothing stance.

Your car better have a pre 98 antenna base, with a Mirko, and if you want performance only option is a 3L, dont bother trying other motors or trans options, and dont waste yout time with the 2.5L that came in it.

I understand these options work and work well. And there is nothing wrong with tours that have these mods, pretty kick a$$ cars, but if someone wants to try something else people here act like theres no reason to.

I don't think anyone bashed him for trying it, people just stated how they felt about the end result. People roll their eyes at most engine swap possibilities because talk is cheap. Tons of people come and go saying I want to try xx engine swap, yet no one has ever done one besides a 3L to my knowledge. Historically it hasn't happened, so all we do is warn people about that and guide them, as best we can, to money being better spent elsewhere. We're thrifty by nature, you know.

sorry about the thread derail TRicker :)

That doesnt end anything. The OP did something that was a new option not many people would think to try and people immediatly go into the normal mirko or nothing stance.

Your car better have a pre 98 antenna base, with a Mirko, and if you want performance only option is a 3L, dont bother trying other motors or trans options, and dont waste yout time with the 2.5L that came in it.

I understand these options work and work well. And there is nothing wrong with tours that have these mods, pretty kick a$$ cars, but if someone wants to try something else people here act like theres no reason to.

you get the same thing on pretty much ANY car forum you go to.

If you do something new... and everyone like it -- that's great!

If you do something new... and only you like it -- that's all that matters and is also great. If you get offended by the disapproving comments, grow some thicker skin.

If you do something new... and no one likes it (even you), then undo it or redo it. Many things take more than one attempt before it's done correctly.

It really is just that simple :p

Looks better in pictures.

One day contour owners will learn, just because it does not have something does not mean it needs something. It's like adding a glowing shift knob; just to have something.

You're on the right track, you just need to work on the donor part and then the execution.

i like it. looks good. kudos for taking your own route.

mmmmmmmm :drool:

DF_Kudos_366.jpg

Back