• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Changed up my intake a little...

Lord Stanley

Hard-core CEG'er
So, it was time that I got a new air filter... I was embarrassed to open my hood up in public places... Can anyone say "blue"? :shocked:
picture.php

Here is the new one... No it is not a K&N, it is a Spectre... Good enough for me, and half the price... It is a little longer then my old one...
picture.php

When I replaced the filter I also made a new support bracket... It was made out of some pipe hangers I got at Home Depot...
picture.php

I have the older CTA intake for the Zetec... I have fiddled with it for hours, but could never prevent it from making contact with the hood when closed... So I got a couple modular Spectre intake sections and replaced the CTA intake swooping elbow... I cut 1/2 inch off the new elbow, and 1.5 inches off the straight piece... The only thing which worries me is the seal where the two pieces meet... There is a rubber gasket in there, but it is rather thin :blackeye:
picture.php

picture.php

And lastly, I cleaned up my engine bay, although it is hard to tell in this picture... Having a dirt driveway stinks... Please excuse the ghetto battery bracket as I am repainting the stock one ;)
picture.php

nevrdull.

Get some from autozone and go to town on your intake pipe, that will shine that :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: up like crazy! its what I did to my CTA intake.

looks much better though.

nevrdull.

Get some from autozone and go to town on your intake pipe, that will shine that :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: up like crazy! its what I did to my CTA intake.

looks much better though.

People told me to try that a while ago and I have, but it did not take off the corrosion... And I was not gentle with it either... It took off rust in a snap though :shrug:

Back