• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How to: Install aftermarket keyless entry

dpmeeks

CEG'er
My 95 Contour GL has power locks and windows, but, no keyless entry. I purchsed a keyless entry system off ebay for under 20 bucks new and shipped. First off, on my model, it uses a "positive trigger locking system" basically that means a +12volt signal is sent to the actuators to make the doors lock or unlock.

The wires you need to tap into to make it work is under the door sill on the drivers side, near the fuel door/trunk release.

IMAG0048.jpg

sorry for it looking messy, i was just testing before i finalized everything.

Most aftermarket keyless entrys systems .. you will have a :

Lock common output wire-- this wire goes to the yellow and green wire in the harness
Unlock common output wire-- this wire goes to the white and green wire in the harness
lock normally open- 12v constant
unlock normally open- 12v constant
a "wire" that goes to your parking lights so theyll flash when you lock the car
a "Wire" for constant 12v to the transmitter box
and a ground wire.
a "wire" for the trunk release ( mine doesnt have a pwr trunk )

thats about it. So, for less than 20 bucks and a lil bit of my time i have keyless entry now :)

The system didn't come in the original packaging and I think the guy was just selling this one only. If you get on ebay and type in the search " universal keyless entry " a ton will pop up. Any of the universal type will work, I've done it before on another car I had and it was one from hong Kong LOL. Anyone needs help let me know :)

Back