• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Supercharger drawing near the end

Every car should have a good oil gage no matter what sort of mods are done to it. I'm going to be putting a pillar in mine this summer.

As for forced induction. Just find a supercoupe T3 out of a JY, rebuild it, weld up some piping, throw an ebay intercooler on the thing, get a good wastegate/bov and there is your system for under a grand. Now that is for the SYSTEM. You'd still want to do a torsen, you have to upgrade the fuel system and definitely would need the MSDS headers and then get a tune. The supporting cast is where it gets expensive.

A M90 would be great and all and I hope this kit pans out but IMO there is no reason to go with a supercharger unless he can get the price to be well under the NPG turbo kit. The turbo kit makes more power, has almost zero parasitic loss, no belt slippage issues and you get the intercooler too. Roots style=meth injection or no cooling.

yep. I have a 3L, torsen, 6puck race disc, Headers-back exhaust, Wideband 02, sniper tuning special forces on its way, fuel system includes modified 05 rail and joey's fuel rail mod (-6 AN lines) and a focus fuel pump. i have everything ready for boost minus EGT guage boost guage and, well boost. injectors will be necessary too. i already havea 90mm lightning maf on my car, pretty much everything i can do to it is done N/A minus the tune. once i get it rock solid tuned N/A and know the tuning program well and trust myself, i'm gonna go for boost. should be this fall. I guess i gotta get on the phone with joey once more and talk about this turbo situation lol :)

I have the pipes ready to sell I have to collect the parts together I only have the hot pipes but I suspect you could build your own Joey

lastest pics we have to weld in the injector sleeves and add some hole for the SC mounting and weld in the intercooler then make pulley kits.

mazda6manifold.jpg

mazda6manifold1.jpg

Looking good joey!

I have to say I am a fan of the Eaton Roots and twin screw blowers for their nice low and torque and their wide power band.

very impressive to get this to fit on our cars and under our hood with water to air cooler to boot.

and Harry save that M90 for me I may need it...... :laugh:

why wouldnt it? the supercharger is mounted on top

lastest pics we have to weld in the injector sleeves and add some hole for the SC mounting and weld in the intercooler then make pulley kits.

In regards to the pulley kits, will they allow the use of the DMD? Or, perhaps a better question, how is the supercharger to be driven? A longer belt? A different belt and a doubled-up pulley? Etc.?

In regards to the pulley kits, will they allow the use of the DMD? Or, perhaps a better question, how is the supercharger to be driven? A longer belt? A different belt and a doubled-up pulley? Etc.?

DMD is what the mazda 6 has we will run it off of a double pulley that will be in place of the Power steering area the P/S will be remounted in the Mazda 6 location above the A/C compressor with a custom bracket to match the OEM mazda one. Yes it will be a londer belt we may offer a fluid dampner with the cog belt for high boost application if the belts slips. Joey

well try it on the power steering pulley, but blackcoog did have to change his supercharger kit halfway through his "prototyping" because it was slipping. who knows, it might work for ya. its not much harder to run a longer belt to the crank pulley anyways, probably wouldn't even have to change the tensioner design.

well try it on the power steering pulley, but blackcoog did have to change his supercharger kit halfway through his "prototyping" because it was slipping. who knows, it might work for ya. its not much harder to run a longer belt to the crank pulley anyways, probably wouldn't even have to change the tensioner design.

We had major issues running off the power steering pump pulley for a few reasons.

-The added tension on the power steering pump even though most of the tension was canceled out (i.e. main belt pulling down and sc belt pulling up) lead to power steering pump failure. You need to have a lot of belt tension to drive a supercharger and even more so for a roots blower so overall the stress is going to be in the direction of the supercharger pulley. The power steering pump really isn't designed for that much stress.
-The close proximity of the supercharger pulley to the power steering pump (if you don't run separate tensioner/idler pulley) won't allow for as much belt wrap around the supercharger pulley increasing belt slip.
-Belt options are very limited to non existent for a 6 rib under 40in.
-Running a stacked pulley larger than a powersteering pulley contacts the engine mount above greating limiting boost levels. You could try to increase the boost with a smaller SC pulley but you can only get a SC pulley so small and the smaller SC pulleys greatly increase the chance of belt slip.

Other possible issues with crank routing:
-It would be very difficult to run off the crank in this setup unless there were different versions for different timing covers. The timing covers are different in the SVT compared to the newer 3L cars. The tensioner designed changed on the newer covers and there is a bulge that gets in the way of possible belt routing.

As far as pricing issues... Have people looked at options for other cars??? It's $5k+ easy for a FI kit now for just about any car out there. I think the Vortech kit I offer and Joey's turbo kits are a steal compared to what is out there. People need to stop complaining about price.

We had major issues running off the power steering pump pulley for a few reasons.

-The added tension on the power steering pump even though most of the tension was canceled out (i.e. main belt pulling down and sc belt pulling up) lead to power steering pump failure. You need to have a lot of belt tension to drive a supercharger and even more so for a roots blower so overall the stress is going to be in the direction of the supercharger pulley. The power steering pump really isn't designed for that much stress.
-The close proximity of the supercharger pulley to the power steering pump (if you don't run separate tensioner/idler pulley) won't allow for as much belt wrap around the supercharger pulley increasing belt slip.
-Belt options are very limited to non existent for a 6 rib under 40in.
-Running a stacked pulley larger than a powersteering pulley contacts the engine mount above greating limiting boost levels. You could try to increase the boost with a smaller SC pulley but you can only get a SC pulley so small and the smaller SC pulleys greatly increase the chance of belt slip.

Other possible issues with crank routing:
-It would be very difficult to run off the crank in this setup unless there were different versions for different timing covers. The timing covers are different in the SVT compared to the newer 3L cars. The tensioner designed changed on the newer covers and there is a bulge that gets in the way of possible belt routing.

As far as pricing issues... Have people looked at options for other cars??? It's $5k+ easy for a FI kit now for just about any car out there. I think the Vortech kit I offer and Joey's turbo kits are a steal compared to what is out there. People need to stop complaining about price.

Yes great feedback

Yes the kit will be designed for the 2.5 front cover for now and then we will take one vehicle at a time but the bolt patteren where the P/S use to go is the same on all 3 liter so this should not make a difference on the bracket layout. We are relocating the P/S pump due to the pulley plate replacings it's position. We will run a larger pulley in the inside of the pulley that runs on the main serpentine belt to get the most grip. The outer pulley will be large too so I can clamp this one down with alot of pressure because the double pulley will have great support and if this doesn't hold high boost it will be easy just go staight down to the pulley with a Cog belt. The New magnuson SC cost alot more than a turbo more like a BB turbo so this make the price higher than what most people will expect. Thanks for the compliments joey

Back