• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mysterious plug found during IM gasket swap

2000ZxT

Hard-core CEG'er
So I am changing out the IM gaskets on the dd. After I got the UIM off I found a small black plug floating around on the top of the LIM, looks like you press it into something, but I have no idea what.

Anyone know what this is, I can get a picture if needed.

It seems to fit pretty snuggly in the holes at the top of the UIM near the TB.

plug.jpg

:laugh:. u're funny. thats the rubber piece all the UIM bolts slide into. there should be 6 of those. i hope u didnt tighten ur bolts down without those pieces...

edit- on second thoughts, that looks a bit different...

It looks to me like the nipple on the PCV valve.

its some sorta nipple. with the groove it clips into and all... looks like sumthn slides over it. my mistake. look around ur air inlets and make sure all the hoses and tubes have something they slide over. i dont think it goes on the valve covers tho. its too small. unless he's got massive fingers:).

It seems to fit pretty snuggly in the holes at the top of the UIM near the TB.

plug.jpg

Throw it away or keep it as a souvenir. It is a plug used before installation of the engine. The engine installer at the factory should have thrown it away. You do not need it after installation of the engine.

UIMplug

Throw it away or keep it as a souvenir. It is a plug used before installation of the engine. The engine installer at the factory should have thrown it away. You do not need it after installation of the engine.

UIMplug

That's what I figured. It's in my pocket, and the car runs fine so.

Back