• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pic proof wanted: highest mileage Contour

IRingTwyce

I ROCK at bumper cars!
Graham, TX: a place so nice, they rob your house t
While posting a reply in this Milestone thread, I got to thinking. Who has the highest mileage on their Contour? Please back up the claim with proof in the form of a clear photograph of your odometer. My (running) SVT is only at about 169k, and the non-running one no where near that at 37k. I know there are those that have cracked 250k. Anyone higher? 300? 400? All models welcome, not SVTs only.

Rules:
1) Your claim must be backed up by a pic.
2) Only post if your mileage is higher than the preceding post. No yo-yo posts with some higher, some lower. I'm looking for steady increases in mileage until we find the highest one.

I would also be interested in knowing which owner you were, and how many of the miles you had put on yourself.

lets set the bar at a good starting point.

95 Mystique LS, 9/94 build date

driven 127k by myself starting at 86k.

picture.php

man i thought my new svt was high. i bought DARKONE's svt with 212,xxx. it runs better than other svts i know. lol ill post a picture. tomorrow

is that original engine and trans with the 300,000+ miles? i wanna see a pic

Original Engine= Yes
Original Trans= No, on the 4th one now

It'd be sweet if you could make the ~10 hour drive to show that high miles puppy off at SZ this year. :cool:

I'd like to but dont think it'll happen this year. Next year I'm planning on making the trip either in the SVT or the SE

hehe brapple, I gotcha! contourspd98 don't end the thread yet!

Alright, Savin the best for last... lol

yeah but I still have my original engine, mtx, clutch, etc :p

and im not afraid to redline it either

Blah, blah, blah

1995 Contour SE.
Build date 5-95

Owned since November 2000 with 94k, second owner.

Original trans until motor went, but clutch was replaced at: 120,000
Original motor got to: 211,107

Current
Miles on chassis: 214,306
3L had 18,027 miles now has: 21,226
Built trans and new clutch has: 3,199

4-27-09002.jpg

give me till the end of next week and i can post up a picture of my Zetecs odometer with 249K miles on it.

Back