• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Yellow or Arctic Nokya Fogs?

Dyoel182

Addicted CEG'er
After looking at Philly's thread and seeing the bright fogs I've decided I want to try a set of the Nokya 893 bulbs. My question is should I go with the yellow for style (with my hid headlights) or white to match them? I rarely drive in bad weather so vision in bad conditions is not enough reason to just grab the yellows.

With my experience with other vehicles you'll never come close to matching HID's with bulbs. It always looked funny to me with the extremly bright HID's and then dull nokya lights (I've had them). I would say go with the yellow, just so it doesn't look like you're trying to match HID's but can't. If you can afford it throw some HID's in the fogs too.

I have the nokya 983 yellow bulbs also lol, but I have HID's for the low beams, and when I have the low headlights on with fog lamps there are so dim lol compared to the HID low beams, but I plan on getting yellow 3500K hid's for the fog lamps very soon, after seeing some on here and on the road ;)

I have the nokya 983 yellow bulbs also lol, but I have HID's for the low beams, and when I have the low headlights on with fog lamps there are so dim lol compared to the HID low beams, but I plan on getting yellow 3500K hid's for the fog lamps very soon, after seeing some on here and on the road ;)

you mean 3k. I'd advise against them. I've had them. If you are expecting a nice deep yellow (Lexus IS300 style) from 3k forget about it. It is only slightly more yellow than halogen. It is like an Easter Egg yellow. Needless to say I took them out.

Exactly. So put a piece of yellow film on the lens or give it a spray like we were talking about the other day.

you mean 3k. I'd advise against them. I've had them. If you are expecting a nice deep yellow (Lexus IS300 style) from 3k forget about it. It is only slightly more yellow than halogen. It is like an Easter Egg yellow. Needless to say I took them out.

yeah thats what I meant the 3000K lol, but I plan on getting a yellow film also to go over it like I seen some of the members do on here

Back