• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

anti pet-peeves

wow, that is a story :shocked:

anti-pet-peeve: Springtime! :cool: Birds are out, the buds are just barely starting to turn into leaves, each day is warmer than the last, longer lasting sunlight (especially in evening). This is my favorite season.

Morons.

There's more...
(Courtesy of channel 69)
"Police in Bethlehem say someone delivered a bad batch of fuel to at least one gas station in the city. They say more than a dozen drivers who got gas at the Delta station on Easton Avenue were left stranded, but the owner says the problem's been fixed. We're told the supplier was Parker Oil. If you think you bought some of that bad gas, you should call 1-800-225-9702 and dial extension 5432,for a full reimbursement."

http://wfmz.com/view/?id=790962&title=Bad Batch of Gasoline Delivered to Station in Bethlehem

Reimbursement? :shrug: Those car got towed out of there, they didn't run.

I'm sure they'll repair or pay for the damaged vehicles. They know they'll have a lawsuit, many of them, on their hands if they don't cough up the cash.

Most likely that Parker Oil will be reimbursing customers for tanks to be drained and systems flushed, plus gas cost.

I would have been pissed had I gotten bad gas, you lucked out! They should have taken the dispensers offline immediately. I'm guessing there was phase separation in the UST.

I was in there the other day but didn't get to ask about the fallout. The owner was busy.
Yes, the pumps should have been taken offline immediately.

What does this mean? "I'm guessing there was phase separation in the UST."
'splain yourself Mr Iworkforthegasco. ;)

hair cuts
yes!

Especially when you've found a regular barber or hairdresser that does it right.
I still can't believe I spent 22+ years going to the local guy before I explored options. (Even then, I've only tried two places in my lifetime ..... but it is absolutely worth the 49 mile trip to Cambridge MA.)

yes!

Especially when you've found a regular barber or hairdresser that does it right.
I still can't believe I spent 22+ years going to the local guy before I explored options. (Even then, I've only tried two places in my lifetime ..... but it is absolutely worth the 49 mile trip to Cambridge MA.)

I traveled 2800 miles to get my hair cut. Ok so my mom cuts my hair.

Driving your sister in law to go shopping for new-er cars, having your nephew walk around lot with you, and upon returning to your car, say," You know uncle Scott, none of these cars on the lot look as nice as yours" :cool:

He's just been named to First Mate status.:laugh:

Driving your sister in law to go shopping for new-er cars, having your nephew walk around lot with you, and upon returning to your car, say," You know uncle Scott, none of these cars on the lot look as nice as yours" :cool:

He's just been named to First Mate status.:laugh:
you-can-be-first-mate-captain-jack-sparrow-5909922-800-600.jpg

"Thank you for saying thank you."

A little background here .. I posted a piece of furniture for free on Craigslist last night. Within 18 hours I had 27 inquiries; I responded to a few and got rid of it tonight. I sent an email reply to each person saying it was gone and thanking them for their interest. Common courtesy, right? It took five minutes, tops.

In half an hour I've already gotten four replies back specifically thanking me for various things I apparently did right .. updating the ad, deleting the ad, and getting back to each person.

Feels good. :cool:

Yayyy! These are the kind of threads I like :laugh:...

Riding my R6 makes me smile.

....and everything that Ian said back in 08?! lol just noticed this is an old thread. hahahaha

"Thank you for saying thank you."

A little background here .. I posted a piece of furniture for free on Craigslist last night. Within 18 hours I had 27 inquiries; I responded to a few and got rid of it tonight. I sent an email reply to each person saying it was gone and thanking them for their interest. Common courtesy, right? It took five minutes, tops.

In half an hour I've already gotten four replies back specifically thanking me for various things I apparently did right .. updating the ad, deleting the ad, and getting back to each person.

Feels good. :cool:

i always do that when i sell something on CL and almost always get thank yous back. kind of amazing

3L duratec :drool: have a 2009 fusion as a rental and it has the duratec with variable cam timing. this thing hauls :shocked:. the improvements made for the 2010 model my dad got are great.

Back