• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

new DD project

they're great cars. i love the SHOpaz, with the SHO motor in a topaz. pretty quick. 2.3's were a good motor though, that what i'm looking for. cool to see another tempo guy on here

if your wanting build up the mystique thats understandable but why just not sell the stique and purchase a already modded stique or tour :shrug:

Best of luck with both of your projects!

That LED panel reminds me quite a bit of my step fathers '84 fox body. :laugh:

After my last purchase I've decided I will not pay more than $150 for a used car requiring work.... LOL But good luck, there is a lot of work on your plate. Noth worth the effort in my books.

Srsly, it's not like you guys are getting any more respect when you tell people that YOU'RE project car is a ford contour lol. At least the mystique is a 5 speed!

if i were to get the black one it would be a one tone :cool: i'm goin to look at it this week. from the pics it looks like little to no rust, i'm sure the underbody has some problems, but good luck finding one w/o rust under there. the 87 just has more of the 80's coolness factor with the led lights and the gauges. i'm still having a hard time deciding.

tempos are tanks, a buddy of mine use to go 2 tracking with his all the time and no matter what he did to it it still ran! ugly cars though...

thats Aarons 92 GLS, he has the 92 GLS bumpers, but 89-91 side skirts. nice car, but he has a lot of problems with it from lowering it. the motor runs great though, has the 3.0 Vulcan and 3 speed auto.

his 85 that he just got runs a lot better. he just swapped a 5 speed in it.

my 89 was liked more than his in a pole on the tempo topaz car club of north america site.

EDIT: i'm picking up the black 88 GLS 2 door on friday. needs some work, but will be on the road soon. also, debating on if i should make the GLS my project rather than the Mystique. its a really cool car, and the Mystique gets too good of gas mileage for the ammout of driving i do... so what do you guys think? 2.0 Turbo 'stique or 2.3 all motor tempo 2 door?

the only problem with that is that the 2.3's are not a very high revving motor, their peak power is made at 4400 RPM, so if it is to get any forced induction, it'd probably be supercharged. its a totally different design that the LIMA motors in the SVO's and Merkur XR4Ti's. (pushrod instead of SOHC)

the only problem with that is that the 2.3's are not a very high revving motor, their peak power is made at 4400 RPM, so if it is to get any forced induction, it'd probably be supercharged. its a totally different design that the LIMA motors in the SVO's and Merkur XR4Ti's. (pushrod instead of SOHC)

There is not much that can be done with the 2.3. You can put stiffer rockers arms, CAI, exhaust, tune, but after that there isn't much more. I mean you do some custom work, but you'd be better off with a 3.0 Vulcan.

alot of you guys dont understand how much of an impact the FORD TEMPO has had on my life in general and the car world.

comic-book-guy_simpsons_t520.jpg

But hey alright man. Let's see some progress!

LMFAO, progress, i just picked up the car tonight, a day early (i couldnt wait). i'm cleaning it up tomorrow and starting for fix the small things to get it inspected.

So far it needs...
Brakes
seatbelts
exhaust
tranny mounts
multi function switch (turnsignal, high beam)
and some new tires.

for now the Merc is gonna be the go getter parts hauler.

Back