• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ 2009 Friday cruise directions

It's just that I've seen Mapquest use route numbers that are no longer posted. Google Maps is very highly up-to-date. That's all :shrug:

can't see the doc at work.
I'll be in mental anguish for the next four or five hours till I have the info :eek:

Last edited:
It's just text:
Spring Zing 2009 Friday Cruise. Starts at 12pm from the hotel.

***Watch for potholes. MDOT is just starting to patch pot holes. There are some deep ones on the cruise***

You will also not be driving on any dirt roads. If you’re on a road that turns into dirt you will turn before you get to it.

From hotel jump on 94 west.

Go west to 131 north, exit 74B.

Go north to D Avenue, exit 44.

From exit turn left and travel west to Park and Ride lot. We will regroup here.

From Park and Ride turn left and head west to Ravine Road. About 1 mile.

Turn right on Ravine and head North to B Avenue West. About 2.5 miles

Turn left on B and head west to 2nd Street South. About 2.5 miles

Turn right on 2nd and head North following a sweeping left hand turn which will point you west again. You will travel on this road for about 4.2 miles until you reach County Road (CR) 653.

From there you will follow the road as it heads west and winds south. 1.2 miles

Turn right onto CR 390 and take to M-40. 1.75 miles

Continue across M-40 still heading west to 36th Street.

Turn right and head north to Baseline Road. 1 mile

Turn left on Baseline and follow it as it winds north to 102nd Avenue. 1.6 miles

Turn left on 102nd until you reach Mary Rd. and make a left on Mary. .75 of a mile

Follow Mary 1 mile until you reach 40th Street. Turn left on 40th.

Take 40th 2.75 miles until you reach 10th. Turn right on 10th before pavement ends.

Take that .25 of a mile to E. Kalamazoo and turn right.

Follow E. Kalamazoo through the town of Bloomingdale. 2.6 miles

When you reach CR 384 make a left.

Stay on CR 384 until you reach 54th Street. 4.8 miles

Turn right on 54th and head north to Phoenix Rd./CR-388. 2.2 miles

At Phoenix turn left and head due west 10.5 miles through downtown South Haven to Full-screenClementine’s (500 Phoenix Street).

Turn left on Center St. and park behind Clementine’s. Lunch time!!! Mmmmm food.

After Clementine’s, head to the beach for pics. Sorry too cold for beach bunnies yet.

Head North on Center back to Phoenix and turn left. Follow it to the beach.

Leaving the beach head due east along Michigan until you reach Broadway/M-43

Turn right on M-43 following it out of South Haven. You will follow M-43 10.8 miles until you reach the town of Bangor.

Turn right on S Center St./CR 681

Head due south on S Center St./CR 681 8.5 miles to CR 365.

Turn right on CR 365 and follow it east 3 miles. It will bend north and shortly after the bend turn right on 63rd Avenue.

Follow 63rd .6 of a mile and turn right on 64th Avenue.

Take 64th 2.4 miles to 46th and turn left and head north to Territorial. 1.5 miles

Turn right on Territorial and follow it for a short bit to Red Arrow Highway. Should be a flea market in front of you.

Turn right on Red Arrow and travel 5 miles to The Sugar Bear in Paw Paw. Yeah ice cream stop!!!

From The Sugar Bear head one block on Red Arrow to S. Kalamazoo St.

Turn right on Kalamazoo and travel to the 94 east on ramp. .8 of a mile.

Travel on 94 east back to the hotel. About 20 miles.

The GPS will be good to get a general idea of where you are, but the cruise is taking a scenic route.
The GPS is more likely to make you take the quickest route, which may not coincide with the cruise route.

I'm not saying don't have your GPS unit handy, but don't rely on it too much if you're trying to keep up with the rest of the group. It may lead you astray.

The good thing about using the GPS is that if you lose the group. You can point yourself toward the stopping points and head directly there to meet up with everyone.

links to the stops per Mark's post:
We'll be leaving around noon and will end up in South Haven for pics at the beach then we'll head up to Clementine's for a late lunch (probably around 3ish) and then from South Haven we'll cruise to Paw Paw, MI and grab ice cream at The Sugar Bear.

Last edited:
my indian tracker will show me the way....

native_american_.jpg

Back