• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Transmission

Crazy Russian

CEG'er
Hello, I just got a 99 csvt with transmission problems. I also have 4 cylinder transmission, is there any diferences between them? Can I put it on without modifying anything?
Thanks, Nikolay

The bell housings are different, throw out bearing/slave is different. Don't know about the gears as well. I'd just send the original to Terry to be rebuilt. A lot less hassle.

I'm want to swap housing with transmission that i have on a car, what about mounting, anybody know any diferences? I would send it to somebody to rebuild but i can't spend to much money right now, I also want to put lsd in, preformance forks and differrent final gear for better gas milage, anybody have any coments about this, good or bad idea?
Thanks, Nikolay

I'm want to swap housing with transmission that i have on a car, what about mounting, anybody know any diferences? I would send it to somebody to rebuild but i can't spend to much money right now, I also want to put lsd in, preformance forks and differrent final gear for better gas milage, anybody have any coments about this, good or bad idea?
Thanks, Nikolay

You're not going to save much $ putting in a larger final gear on gas. The money you'll spend putting it in will be about as much as you'll save. The car won't be very fun to drive either with just a 2.5 L. If you want all that done' send it to Terry. I'd just swap in a basic MTX-75 out of another V6 car if you don't have money. A built trans from Terry using yours as a doner will run about $1400.

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=444

Here is one for sale ready to go.

Last edited:
Back