• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tap tap..wait, what?

Mywhip

Hard-core CEG'er
Well, everytime i have my system on and the music isnt playing, i hear a tap. Kind of like someone is knocking on the rear of my car or something of the sort. At first i thought someone was just playing a trick on me, so i got out of my car and looked around..no one in sight. So i turned the system back on from the emergency shut off switch, and started to drive. During the songs i can hear it, so i turned the music off. It's still doing it!

It sounds just like someone knocking/tapping on the rear glass. I already re-did the wiring. Nothing is loose that i know of.

Any ideas?

can't you just leave the system on and move around your car (inside and out) to find out where the sound is coming from? :shrug: then you would know what you have to fix or maybe it's coming from your speakers...?

can't you just leave the system on and move around your car (inside and out) to find out where the sound is coming from? :shrug: then you would know what you have to fix or maybe it's coming from your speakers...?

Tomorrow when i get out of work, i will probably start unhooking them to see if one or both of them is doing it.

Was just wondering if anyone else has/had this problem.

and i know its coming from my subs. But the question is why.

My subs in another car I had were cutting in and out because it was only getting intermittant ground connection. I have heard of that with the power wire too. Check to make sure the ground/power cables are good and tight and have good connection.

the wires are all nice and tight. If i tighten them anymore, something is going to break haha.

I have the ground wire hooked up to the metal bar running behind the rear seats. Maybe its not getting enough there? Its strange that it just started happening though.

Back