• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Check this out

95_Mystique

Hard-core CEG'er
I know some of you have got to know this, and maybe i've heard it in the past, but i dont remember. i was taking apart my gauge cluster and found a SECOND seatbelt light, along with 3 little green lights, one O/D, obvously for overdrive, and the SPORT light i think is for the adjustable suspension, or maybe the little shock absorber one is for that. well IDK. can someone straighten this out for me, here are pics...
IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

if you guys could clear that up, that'd be great.

Models for 1st gen Mondeo

The 1993-1996 range had the following trim levels:

[edit] UK market

• Base - 1.6L Zetec, 1.8 L turbodiesel, base trim level, 4-door saloon, 5-door liftback, estate (replaced by Aspen in 1995)
  • Aspen - 1.6 L Zetec, 1.8 L turbodiesel, base trim level, 5-door liftback, estate
  • LX - 1.6 L/1.8 L/2.0 L Zetec, 1.8 L turbodiesel, midrange trim level, 4-door sedan, 5-door liftback, estate
  • GLX - 1.6 L/1.8 L/2.0 L Zetec, 1.8 L turbodiesel, luxury trim level version of the LX, 4-door saloon, 5-door liftback, estate
  • 24v - 2.5L Duratec V6, 4-door saloon, 5-door liftback, estate (1994-1995 only)
  • Ghia - 1.8 L/2.0 L Zetec, 2.5 L Duratec V6, 1.8 L turbodiesel, midrange trim level, 4-door sedan, 5-door liftback, estate, optional 4x4 on 2.0L Zetec
  • Ghia X - 2.0L Zetec, 2.5 L Duratec V6, 1.8L turbodiesel, luxury trim level, 4-door sedan, 5-door liftback, 5-door estate (from 1995), optional 4x4 on 2.0L Zetec
  • Si - 2.0 L 4-cylinder, 2.5 L Duratec V6, sports version, 4-door sedan, 5-door liftback, estate, optional 4x4 on 2.0L Zetec
Additional trim levels in other European markets included:
  • Mirage - 1.6 L Zetec, base trim level, 4-door sedan, 5-door liftback, estate - only offered in the Netherlands
  • CLX - 1.6 L/1.8 L/2.0 L Zetec, 1.8 L turbodiesel, midrange trim level, 4-door sedan, 5-door liftback, estate - not offered in UK
  • Verona - 1.8 L, midrange trim level, 4-door saloon, 5-door liftback
  • GLX - 1.6 L/1.8 L/2.0 L Zetec, 1.8 L turbodiesel, luxury trim level version of the CLX, 4-door saloon, 5-door liftback, estate
  • Business Edition - 1.6 L/1.8 L/2.0 L 4-cylinder, 2.5 L V6, 1.8 L turbodiesel, luxury trim level version of LX, 4-door sedan, 5-door liftback, estate. - only offered in the Netherlands
  • GT - 1.8 L/2.0 L 4-cylinder, 2.5 L V6, 1.8 L turbodiesel, sports version, 4-door sedan, 5-door liftback, estate. Only offered in the Netherlands, equivalent to UK-spec Si
  • V6 - 2.5 L V6, luxury version, 4-door sedan, 5-door liftback, estate. Never offered with a V6 (base) in the Netherlands, only Business Edition or GT.

So, stupid question that has little to do with the initial problem at hand...BUT

Where is the button for overdrive on a stick? On an ATX, its on the shifter, but where is it on a MTX?

just curious...

So, stupid question that has little to do with the initial problem at hand...BUT

Where is the button for overdrive on a stick? On an ATX, its on the shifter, but where is it on a MTX?

just curious...

Please tell me you're not being serious. :help:

back on topic guys :laugh:

does anyone know what the 2 seatbelt lights are for....

and i did try to stick bulbs in them and they didnt work :laugh:

doubtful, i was looking that the back of the cluster, where all the connectors and wires are, and it looked like there is another connector that could possibly plug into it, but i dont see one in the car.

Back