• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Caliper Resurrection

CodyTRX

CEG'er
Well, this is what I did today. I have 2 more calipers to do tommorrow. I really cleaned up the caliper. The anchor plate/caliper bracket was painted in July of 2008 and has held up VERY well. I'm just trying to make my brakes look a little better.

Let me know if you love it or hate it. I've contemplated painting it but my Cougar is Silver Frost and I think it blends just fine.
100_6987.jpg
http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss295/codytrx/100_6987.jpg

Are you guys sure?

That's the passenger side. The slots are going forward they way they're suppose to, right?

That's weird. I searched the member's galleries on NECO and I couldn't find ONE picture of rotors in that direction. I wouldn't think of it as a big deal anyways.
Wheels20and20Brakes202.jpg

7.jpg

It doesnt really matter which way they go... there are so many rotor manufacturers out there and they all have install pics in different directions... there is no set standard for installing slotted rotors in a certain direction...

There was a huge thread about this on NECO a long time ago, to much debate, but there was no evident conclusion to which way was right.

So, lets not start a huge arguement over which is right...

Are you guys sure?

That's the passenger side. The slots are going forward they way they're suppose to, right?

Yes i am sure, I know lots of people do it the way you got but its wrong..wasnt trying to be a dick, Just trying to let you know..

Those slots are suppose to be facing foward to get air threw them, You see what i mean..

Cody, is your retaining spring gone, or just not installed in that photo?

You'll F up the brake pads REALLY fast if that isn't on there.

when i had my baer kit i called and asked them which way they should go and it is the opposite of the way you have those just a lil fyi. idk how much it matters im just saying.

Second that, for drilled only rottors no difference. Sloted rotors suposed to shave pads during braking to keep from fading. Flip the sides, 2 min job.

"Shaving" is mostly a myth. Flipping the sides would only solve the problem if the rotors are different. I've seen cheap eBay kits for mazdas come with identical rotors so one of them would always be wrong.

Back