• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Let's get them ready!

Let's get them ready!

• Saturday May 2, 2009

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Saturday May 9, 2009

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

D.Acker

Owner/LUCA’s *****
Admin
Alright Chicagoland guys and gals (or anyone who feels like coming).

Let's get together and get our cars ready for SZ. Even if you aren't going to SZ come on out.

Where: Dave's
When: Saturday May 9th
Time: Start around 9 and go until whenever

I have soap, a PC, polish, sealant wax, wash buckets, mits, leather conditioner\cleaner, glass cleaner, etc. (all meguairs gold class and professional series), vacuum, deep cleaner for carpets.

If you need to know if I have something specific ask here or PM me, or if you have specific products you prefer bring them along.:laugh:

I'm thinking it might be good to have a couple porter cables (or similar) available.

Let me know what you guys think, we can plan on some Little Ceasars pizza again and again, since I don't drink beer it's bring your own, and I normally have Coke on hand.

PM me for address\phone, I do not provide directions because if you're reading this you can get mapquest directions

Last edited:
I am shooting for the 9th as i am out on the 2nd in Boston.

Besides, aren't i dropping off the beashhhhhhhht to you this weekend?

hehe.

I am shooting for the 9th as i am out on the 2nd in Boston.

Besides, aren't i dropping off the beashhhhhhhht to you this weekend?

hehe.

Whenever. What's it matter, your car will be done anyway.:shrug: Of course it may have a 2.5 in it when you get back:laugh:

I need the piece that covers the top part of the passenger side footwell anyone that plans on going have an extra MNB or really any color one for sale?

I'll probably stop by reguardless of what day is decided. I'm not one to clean or wash cars but I'll definitely hang out and have a few beers.

the swirl marks are ridiculous.

which is one of the main reasons i sold the car..... I hated the paint on it

I did everything i could as far as car care goes w/ that car and I couldn't get rid of em. I think I spent over 5 hours of actually work on that paint once (not including drying time etc).... looked good but the swirls were still there.

Either date should work for me.

I can probably make either day.

I'll probably stop by reguardless of what day is decided. I'm not one to clean or wash cars but I'll definitely hang out and have a few beers.

Cool. I'll make a final date decision this weekend then and let you know.

Would anyone be up for some brake and suspension work on a Windstar? Our van is needing brakes all the way around and Shocks\struts and drivers side tie rod end. If not this time that's cool. But I need to recruit some experts for at least the front struts and tie rod ends.

which is one of the main reasons i sold the car..... I hated the paint on it

I did everything i could as far as car care goes w/ that car and I couldn't get rid of em. I think I spent over 5 hours of actually work on that paint once (not including drying time etc).... looked good but the swirls were still there.

Its so ridiculous. It makes me so mad. and the hundreds of rock chips in the hood. i hate my paint with a passion.

Cool. I'll make a final date decision this weekend then and let you know.

Would anyone be up for some brake and suspension work on a Windstar? Our van is needing brakes all the way around and Shocks\struts and drivers side tie rod end. If not this time that's cool. But I need to recruit some experts for at least the front struts and tie rod ends.

You run the PC on my ride and i'll turn some wrenches on the windstar. Hope the rust is manageable. Will I be needing to bring attitional tools?

You run the PC on my ride and i'll turn some wrenches on the windstar. Hope the rust is manageable. Will I be needing to bring attitional tools?

Deal! Rust - Oh come on the damn thing only has 123300 mi on it, there surely is no rust on the original parts (brakes aren't original, every thing else is).
OOOH I should pick up spark plugs too. It needs those bad too (original as I haven't wanted to tear into the rear bank).

Any thing you think you may need (will need extensions and knuckles for the rear bank of plugs. A spring compressor may be handy!

Last edited:
I'll assemble a cheater-bar and I do have a spring compressor. Fresh can of PB blaster will probalby be needed. Might need a ball-joint seperator tool as well, which I have.

I'll assemble a cheater-bar and I do have a spring compressor. Fresh can of PB blaster will probalby be needed. Might need a ball-joint seperator tool as well, which I have.

Excellent! Look up spark plug replacement for 3.8L Windstar, rear bank doesn't sound fun, it's either up from the bottom or tearing the wipers, cowl etc off.:nonono: WTF designs this :censored::censored::censored::censored:. I've said it before, let mechanics design engine bays, not engineers

Back