• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tuner/Tuning Feedback

Adam from pops racing gets my vote. Good guy and worked with from 530pm to 1230 am on his day off! Full 3l with bolt ons. The car is an absolute beast.

Adam from pops racing gets my vote. Good guy and worked with from 530pm to 1230 am on his day off! Full 3l with bolt ons. The car is an absolute beast.

That's impressive. I hope I can get that kind of service when I go to have my car tuned.

That's impressive. I hope I can get that kind of service when I go to have my car tuned.

He even called to see how I made out on my 3.5 hour trip home and to see what I thought of the tune and if I thought it needed any improvements.

Are u happy with the chip^^^^^^^

Wow sorry for the late reply. I wasn't following this thread. I was happy with it. You can do the same with it as you can with the handheld......you just have more versatility with the handheld especially the xcal 3.

He even called to see how I made out on my 3.5 hour trip home and to see what I thought of the tune and if I thought it needed any improvements.

Adam is meticulous with his work, he doesn't stop until the car runs absolutely perfect. He's done several of mine and they run better than a stock car off the production line. Half the time he picks up on minor details that I don't notice. He threw a base tune together for the Cougar for me so I can drive it and it runs good now, I can't wait to spend some time getting it really dialed in and see what kinda power it'll put to the wheels... :)

Adam Is a Great Guy. I never Met Him But He is Willing to see Me and the Tour Whenever He Comes Down to NC and Use his friends Dyno and Fit Me in ...Thats an Ok Guy in My book. Plus I got alot of Positive feedback on his tuning abilities.

Car: 2000 SVT
List Of Mods:
3L shortblock, 3L PnP heads (Kinger), SVT intakes/cams, MSDS headers, BAT catted Y pipe, Borla Catback, stock injectors (19#), no EGR, no downstream o2's
How it was tuned: Mail order from warmonger (early Nautilus days) flashed via Xcal2. Some datalogging and tweaks made.

Happy with this tune, I've been running it for several years - no CEL. Within the next year or two I plan on getting a few more things buttoned up on the car and getting a dyno tune. Current tune is rather conservative and runs rich (wideband in car). Made 214whp, I think the car can easily make 230-240whp.

Car: 99 Cougar 2.5L mtx
List Of Mods:
00 SVT engine from car above, stock injectors (17#), gutted precats, MSDS y-pipe
How it was tuned: Tune loaded on SCT chip by Nautilus performance (chip was purchased on CEG used). Chip has a 8 position switch to choose between tunes. 0-87 octane, 1-93 octane, 4-stock

Satisfied with these tunes, but not overly thrilled either. Never had this car dynoed but it moves alright and doesn't have any CEL's. Seems to ping under heavy load in warm conditions if I'm using the regular tune. Maybe that has more to do with the SVT 2.5L compression though, not sure.

whats the stock rev limiter on the contour svt cause i can take mine to 7300 on the tac im just asking

6750 is stock. 7300 is dangerous. Do you have a tune? Or a XCAL 2 tuner? I have mine set at 7000 (3L + SVT cams + Turbo = lots of top end fun)

Can I get some advice on a mail order tune and who I should go with? I've seen brenspeed, NPG, and warmonger all seem to be a little out of date 2+ years old. Brenspeed is mostly a mustang shop, NPG has had some service problems recently I've noticed, and warmonger hasn't been online in a year... Who would you guys suggest? Honestly I would like someone who is familiar with our cars and a reputable forum member rather than a full on shop lol I've had some bad experiences with shops (why I do all my own work lmao)

Can I get some advice on a mail order tune and who I should go with? I've seen brenspeed, NPG, and warmonger all seem to be a little out of date 2+ years old. Brenspeed is mostly a mustang shop, NPG has had some service problems recently I've noticed, and warmonger hasn't been online in a year... Who would you guys suggest? Honestly I would like someone who is familiar with our cars and a reputable forum member rather than a full on shop lol I've had some bad experiences with shops (why I do all my own work lmao)

Brenspeed is a top quality shop. I have an X3 sitting here with a fresh tune from them. Ill have some more info on it tomorrow after I get the car and flash it.

Brenspeed is a top quality shop. I have an X3 sitting here with a fresh tune from them. Ill have some more info on it tomorrow after I get the car and flash it.

Based on about 100 miles with the Brenspeed tnue (and the car total) I'm very happy with it so far. It pulls very hard, and seems to run pretty smoothly. The idle is a little rough, but I think I may raise it up 50rpm or so to try and smooth that out. Not sure if that is the nature of the 3L or whatever since this is my first 3L.

Back