• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The best things in life...

ChattavegasSE

Hard-core CEG'er
...are free!
ry%3D400

Greddy, Brembo, Hawk, Goodridge, ATE, Falken... you get my drift? ;)

Thats the first photo Ive seen of it. I remember you saying you got it awhile back.
Looks like a fun project ahead. Have fun.

Can't go wrong with an AE! My buddy is actually getting his painted. It's gonna be a sick lookin little car. Can't wait till he finishes it

Oh and I forgot to add 'Cusco' ;)

Yeah I finally got around to taking pictures of it. I got it for Christmas. It's been my father-in-law's family mule since it was bought new back in '86. It's been sitting in his driveway for the past 8 years. I saw it a year or two ago when I met my wife's family for the first time and that's all we talked about lol. He said he'd have to ask his step daughter (whose real dad gave it to her) and that was that. She drew my name for Christmas and they gave me the keys lol.

Damn thing doesn't want to fire up though. I've tracked it down to a weak spark and low compression. I've got a new coil, wires, plugs, and battery so that should fix the low spark. The compression is gonna take some figuring. I'm going to pull the plugs out and put a small amount of oil on top of each cylinder. As best we can figure, years of sitting caused the oil to drain from the rings and that's where the compression is going. If that doesn't do it, then I probably have a stuck valve; which shouldn't be hard to find since this thing only has 8.

John and Ryan are just jealous cuz they wish they had a hot Accord like mine. ;)

Yesterday I replaced the busted corner light, pulled the old furl tank, and started to replace the coil when I got chased by bees so I quit. :crazy:

The used furl tank and sending unit I got are practically brand new. I still can't believe I got it for $60 shipped. Big ups to Evan in SoCal! I still need to blow out the hard lines before I put it all back together. There are only a few suspension parts that show rust or bushings that need replacing. Overall, this car is in incredible shape. The input seal on the rear diff looks like it may be leaking so I'll have to check all that stuff out before a maiden voyage.

Today I'm just humpin sexy.

Tomorrow I am planning to mount the new tank, clean the lines, button up the furl system back to front, then work on the ignition and head. Hopefully by tomorrow night I can have an idle.

Back