• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

crazy weather

rouar

fixer
Admin
weather.jpg

50 degree temperature drop ... between today's high and tonight's low.

Now I know the Texans are used to this stuff, but that's pretty extreme around here.

Anyone else get tossed around by the wind today? I thought the SVT's alignment was horribly off till I got home and opened the door. I have all the windows open in my apartment (open concept living/kitchen) and the cross-breeze is just incredible.

I am just glad it is not 90 degrees out anymore... Anything over 70 degrees is too hot :dizzy:

completely agree, the rest of the week is going to be nice.

it was so bad that I took the a/c unit that was sitting in the next room and threw it in the window. the temp in the room is about the same as outside now, but open the door and step into the stair well and its much hotter. got to get the house fan wired correctly ...

oh man, whole house fans :drool:

My parents installed one ~15 years ago and run it for an hour with the windows open, every morning in the spring/summer. Cools the entire house down for the next few hours and increases a/c efficiency.

One of the best, yet most inconspicuous features you can put in a home. I completely forgot how much I like that thing.

We have a house fan here. It's amazing. As soon as the temp drops in the evening, it's extremely easy to cool down the house with it. All the hot air gets sucked right out. :drool:

We left home to run errands and get dinner as the wind started to pick up.
We left some windows open.
When we got home later, all of the napkins from the napkin holder got blown around the den.
At first glance I was ready to yell at the cats, but then I realized it was the wind.

View attachment 4244

50 degree temperature drop ... between today's high and tonight's low.

Now I know the Texans are used to this stuff, but that's pretty extreme around here.

Join the club! It was mid 50's here yesterday and 59.2F today! The snow is running off so fast the landscape changes perceptibly in a day. We usually don't get weather like this until mid-to-late May

Back