• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Let's get them ready!

Let's get them ready!

• Saturday May 2, 2009

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Saturday May 9, 2009

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
Date is set

Date is set

Ok everyone. Date will be Saturday May 9th, from anywhere after 8am until whenever.

If you need my address PM me.

This is of course all dependent on weather

Probably won't be there because I hate you all, but if you uninvite Hector, I might reconsider....:shrug::laugh:

I might show if the cars road worthy...Need a Oil filter bracket gasket and some other things done to the Lexus, if anyone wants to give me a hand maybe we can throw Daves Windstar together and make it a mod meet. I see if I can dig out the propane torch, I'm sure if I don't need it, Daves rusty nuts might need to be warmed up a bit

Last edited:
My rusty nuts need lots of warming, but your not doing it.

I do have propane torch also.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Go start PB Blasting them bolts buddy. Spray Em down every few days and let 'em soak...Thats what I've been doing to the cat bolts I'm removing this weekend to change the pan gasket....

Last edited:
Question for those that were at my place last time. Did anyone go home with a Craftsment 1/2 drive ext bar (I wanna say like a 3 inch) I have a AMTool (forget the name but that's close) in my box now and it's not part of my set. I don't really care since neither of us is out a tool but if you want to re-exchange them let me know.

Question for those that were at my place last time. Did anyone go home with a Craftsment 1/2 drive ext bar (I wanna say like a 3 inch)

I did and I know it was used when I was there.... but all my parts are craftsmen soooo.

eitherway I'll be there to drink... sometime after sun up.

Dave,

You have kind of left the start time wide open....when do you want to get going? Since my car wants some PC love and I plan to help with the brakes/plugs on the windstar do you want to get going sooner on that stuff?

Oh yeah, PM me your address too.

Dave,

You have kind of left the start time wide open....when do you want to get going? Since my car wants some PC love and I plan to help with the brakes/plugs on the windstar do you want to get going sooner on that stuff?

Oh yeah, PM me your address too.

Sorry for that. No earlier than 8, but anytime you want to show up after that would be just fine. I'm leaving arrival time to everyone's discretion as to how much work they need to do to their cars.

It might be good if you get there a bit on the earlier side since the van will be a bit of a project.

Maybe 9ish for you. Not sure when Juan is going to arrive, but I know he's planning on assisting you with the Windstar.

I still have to get the dbl plat plugs for the rear bank, why it makes a difference I have no idea. I'm told that I need to use OEM plugs also (per ford-forums.com)?? WTH difference does it make?

Right around that time, i see no reason for brakes and plugs to take so long of a job, as far as, suspension...you doing that too?

Let me know.

Is there gonna be a PC to use? I'd really like to do mine, my paint is a disaster, but I dont exactly know how. And what about polishing compound? I'll try to help with whatever work I can, but I'm definitely no mechanic :shrug:
Anyway, if any has/is bringing a PC let me know the details, I'm willing to give some cash for the time, and if need be I can bring polish.

Is there gonna be a PC to use? I'd really like to do mine, my paint is a disaster, but I dont exactly know how. And what about polishing compound? I'll try to help with whatever work I can, but I'm definitely no mechanic :shrug:
Anyway, if any has/is bringing a PC let me know the details, I'm willing to give some cash for the time, and if need be I can bring polish.

I have soap, a PC, polish, sealant, wax, wash buckets, mits, leather conditioner\cleaner, glass cleaner, etc. (all meguairs gold class and professional series), vacuum, deep cleaner for carpets.

Got it covered.

However, if anyone does have an extra PC and pads they are willing to bring, it might not be a bad idea to have another one on hand!

Address (if you can't figure it out, PM me):

W
o
o
d

S
t

A
u
r
o
r
a

Last edited:
Hey everyone. looking at the 10 day weather it looks like possibly rain on the 9th, but sun on the 10th, if it's rainy Saturday the 9th we will just delay until the 10th if that works for everyone.

Back