• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

When will CEG die?

BestSupportingActor-RobertDowneyJr-TropicThunder15.jpg

When do you guys think that people will stop coming to CEG? I mean it has evolved going from the original people moving on to different cars and younger people picking up CSVT's and contours because they are cheap, but do you think it will ever die?

I don't think it will ever die. Once we start running out of cars, the numbered SVT's will start to become like the rare cars that they are.

Pretty soon people will look at these cars and see bits and pieces that made other cars what they are.

Will CEG ever die? Naww, you have people like me that have gone two cars since the Mystique and still have a love for the group.

I am still trying to figure out where to put my www.contour.org banner on my Kia Spectra 5.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

So I say, long live the group, even if the cars become dust

L8R
Rich

Ha you guys should take a look at the SHO boards. The popular V6 SHO stopped back in 1995 and the last SVTs have 5 years up on them. The SHO boards are still going strong and I imagine this site will. I mean seriously the CSVT especially is a freaking STEAL for what you get and with the HUGE supply of Duratec engines out there it isn't like we will be hurting for parts anytime soon like the SHO guys are.

I mean think about it, this car is easily upgraded to 300+whp, is a 4 door sedan so people like me with a family can DD it without a problem, looks pretty good, handles great and has a pretty comfortable interior. Truly is the "baby SHO" with good selection of parts and a much better support base since it isn't a one off engine.

And Today is 3/9/12 and I just signed up a month ago. I have found a lot of info for my new old tour. And I am so glad to have the opportunity to witness the camaraderie and support for this fine piece of automotive excellence.

I dont believe it'll ever die... but i almost thought it was gone for good when the site never came back lol.....Contours or something special, I enjoy ine, even after it being rearended and the insurance company totaling it out. but i bought it back from them just to drive it. I have had it since Oct 2003.The Fall of my Senior Year in High School, had 59k miles at that time, and needed an engine swap... Its now pushing 172k, and I couldnt imagine driving anything else.. I only put about 3,000 miles a year on my truck that just sits in the garage.

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!! The amount of feed back is crazy this is my first form I ever joined and it set the bar for me it would be hard for me to give up my tour but even harder to find the same quality. This site offers. Everyone equally. So thanks to all cause we ALL keep it going .........

Back