• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Oval port UIM on split port heads?

FastFord

Hard-core CEG'er
I am trying to fit my ST220 oval port UIM on split port 2.5L heads. I found this oval port head to split port intake adapter,

http://nautilusperformance.com/perf...category=2181208&mode=product&product=9153799

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showt...is-is..............for-the-3-liter&highlight=

I was thinking it could be flipped upside down, but I am very confused as to exactly how that part works since it has no injector slots etc. Anyone ever used one of these? I can always call NPG, but wanted to pick the brains of fellow CEGrs first and see what we can come up with.

I believe they have a taurus LIM that is slightly decked(machined down) and that goes on top with gaskets. It rises the overall height

Ok, so the 99 taurus LIM is split port and this CNC transition part goes between the heads and the taurus LIM? I guess since I have never seen the intake setup on a 99 taurus I am a bit confused.

It goes between the taurus LIM and the SVT intake manifold. I think their wording is wrong. Its pretty much so that you dont have to port-match your heads. Keeps the inj in the center of the port and that CNC transition just makes it so you can use an SVT UIM.

Ahhh yea now I understand, had to read that other thread 10 times to understand what Joey was saying...

So basically they shave down the plastic oval port LIM and put this spacer on top of that. So the injectors stay the same. I guess I would need to know how thick that transition piece is, hopefully as thick as the spacer I am using to clear the ST220 currently.

Which LIM are you trying to use?

Doesnt really matter. The oval port LIM might be easier because I wouldnt need to gut the secondaries out, but wouldnt it be better to use the split port LIM on split port heads due to the placement of the injectors?

Doesnt really matter. The oval port LIM might be easier because I wouldnt need to gut the secondaries out, but wouldnt it be better to use the split port LIM on split port heads due to the placement of the injectors?

It matters because of the questions you had about injectors, etc.
Personal opinion; use the LIM that goes with the heads. There is no way to know whats happening in those heads if you start doing a bunch of porting to try to improvise parts together.

So then the answer to your question about the NPG plates is they wont work at all. Wrong sizes, wrong bolt holes, wrong everything. You need custom plates made.

I just meant that I didnt really have a preference for which LIM, I would think the split port LIM would be best on split port heads due to injector placement and air flow since it will be NA.
However I canned this idea, best option is to run the split port intakes.

Back