• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Want to Buy shifter cables

U have pics? and are they like new never used yet?

No i dont have pix. They are NIB(new in box) & never installed. They've been sitting in my garage for a few years thinking i might need them someday. That day hasn't and dont think it'll come. I've got the earlier cable design on my svt. Unless something extreme happens to my vehicle, all i should ever need would be the ends.

Really? Didnt know that. I thot there were only two versions of these things...

That's what I was referring to. The late-00 style is not very common because it was used so late in production. Depends on the build date. My 00 SVT (#1533) uses the later cables. They do not have replaceable ends and you have to replace the entire cable set if the end snaps off.

From your post, it sounds like the new cables you have are actually the late-00 cables. If they weren't, they would match the ones on your car.

my 2000 has a build date of 12/99 if it helps

The difference is simple. The ends of the ones i have are round. The earlier design ones are rectangular. Look at the shift tower on ur car. If ur ends are round, then i've got em if u want em. If rectangular, then all u'll need would be the ends unless sumthn happened to ur cable. Lemmy know...

The difference is simple. The ends of the ones i have are round. The earlier design ones are rectangular. Look at the shift tower on ur car. If ur ends are round, then i've got em if u want em. If rectangular, then all u'll need would be the ends unless sumthn happened to ur cable. Lemmy know...

well i just looked not long ago and i do have the round ones.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back