• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The official who's going thread

Alright we are makin the trip up. My buddy has a silver svt and i am drivin up my t-red svt we are headin up there sat and stayin sat and sunday. Neither of us have made the trip. I lookforward to meetin some people. Thanks guys.

cool
Did you send in your registration fee too? Gilmore show and the banquet are a must. GUEST SPEAKERSESSSSSSSS!
Gilmore is absolutely beautiful, inside and out.

I'm trying like hell to manage to make it this year with my CSVT. For 3 straight years in a row something has always overshadowed (ie prevented) me from going.

I'll know in a day or two if I will be there. I've been busy as hell finishing up mod projects and preparing as if I'm going to go.

I've been pouring over my finances and I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to make it. I just cant swing the $$$ it will cost me to show up. I've been out of work since July (08) and while I've got "some" cash (thanks to tax return) I just cant justify blowing $300 on what equates to a good time (as tempting as it is).

2006- Started a new job, couldn't get the time off.

2007- Son was born just weeks before SZ, obviously I was not going

2008- Moving into a new place, busy packing / working

2009- Explained above

2010- Fingers crossed!

I won't be attending either. You might see me driving around the area that Thursday though because I have class at WMU that day. Lol. But I have other plans for that weekend that are more important to me because I go every year... the Motor City Comic Con's 20th anniversary is this year and they are having a ton of people there that I have longed to meet. Not to mention, I can't really justify spending $65 or whatever when I know I won't be participating in any of the events that the $65 is going towards. If I was able to go, I'd only be there for dinner and drinks and stuff. Sorry.

I'm sure you all will have a blast!

-V

I hope Carrie Fisher is worth the price of admission
http://www.motorcityconventions.com/motor_city_comic_con/ticket.html

Since the con ends at dinner time each night, feel free to drop by the hotel on your way back (in full costume) to hang with us.
;)

Way to spell Saturday!

P.S. gimme my money back, I'm going!
honkytonkman.jpg
The Honky Tonk Man - WWF Wrestler

I won't be attending either. You might see me driving around the area that Thursday though because I have class at WMU that day. Lol. But I have other plans for that weekend that are more important to me because I go every year... the Motor City Comic Con's 20th anniversary is this year and they are having a ton of people there that I have longed to meet. Not to mention, I can't really justify spending $65 or whatever when I know I won't be participating in any of the events that the $65 is going towards. If I was able to go, I'd only be there for dinner and drinks and stuff. Sorry.

I'm sure you all will have a blast!

-V
you dont have to pay anything to show up and hang out you just cant go to the dinner sat night is all. you can come hang out and meet all of our crazy asses lol.

Ok so i want to put my car in but a buddy who is going dosent have the extra cash. How does this work? i have searched and cant find out too much. I have never been before either so i do not know what to expect. Will it cost for him to get into the show? what if i want to bring the old lady with me and i pay for my car? Thanks sorry if it has been coverd. Thanks

It usually per person at the banquet. If your buddy doesn't have the money, he won't be able to go to the banquet, enter into the door prize, no lanyard and name, and no entrance to the Car show. I think that is it. Otherwise can hang around the coolest people and drink himself silly with his own beverages.

he can attend everything but the banquet.

he can't enter the show with a car, but he can always spectate. can't get door prizes (worth the money if you win anything on the list IMO)

I hope Carrie Fisher is worth the price of admission
http://www.motorcityconventions.com/motor_city_comic_con/ticket.html

Since the con ends at dinner time each night, feel free to drop by the hotel on your way back (in full costume) to hang with us.
;)

you dont have to pay anything to show up and hang out you just cant go to the dinner sat night is all. you can come hang out and meet all of our crazy asses lol.

I'm not going for Carrie Fisher, but my b/f might, lol. I'm going for Yancy Butler (Witchblade), Michael Hogan (Col. Tigh, BSG) and Aaron Douglass (Chief Galen, BSG). I also go for all the anime stuff. I don't dress up, although I probably would if I could. I'll probably be gone all weekend though so that I can spend time with the b/f, but maybe I'll stick around town and meet you guys for dinner Thursday night.

I'm hoping on the weather... have the exterior of the 6 done (except for a final wash to get the wheels good) and the first coat of sealant on Rex. Interiors on both still need doing.

your bringin the vert anyways right ;)

good to see ya zoom-zoom, glad you decided to cruise out to our team four door meet.

Back