• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Supercharger drawing near the end

Ok I received the manifold and the plates we have was about .25" taller than I measured plus some more height to clear the injectors so we will have to do a new hood instead so everyone help us out on a finding someone to make production on hoods so we can get it part of the kit. I think it will cost about the same in the end as lowering the mounts will be plus lowered cars will see more changes if so. Here are some snap shots of the SC and the manifold on the mazda 6 engine. I will send you some more pics of the belt system once I get it prototyped so enjoy. Joey Oh it is 2 3/4" taller than stock manifold too

SCmp90Mazda6.jpg

SCmp90Mazda61.jpg

What about the CF1 Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood for the csvt's? Very interested in this, Steigy upgradable? What about pulley kits, or does that require more research?

who cares with that beauty in the engine bay mmm love the torque curve on that.... I bet it'll be an animal!!!!!

That does look like it'd need an awfully high cowl to fit under... I'm hoping that isn't the case though and like a 1.5" cowl would clear it.

Ok the mount is done I am going add the SC to the Mazda 6 car and make sure it clears everything nicely it will take me most of the day because I am also removing the precats and main cats they are clogged on the car I will send new pics tonite ..........also want to not that the brackets will be metal on the mount and powdered coated and the v-plate between the heads will be all aluminum. If you closely at the pic you will see that the motor mount is removable by four allen bolts so that when you install the kit you just hold up the motor with a jack and then once you have the main belt on then mount the mount back to the v-plate tightly. Enjoy thanks for compliments this has been a long journey but I promise it will be worth every minute. Joey

mazda6mount.jpg

mazda6mount1.jpg

mazda6mount2.jpg

Well I installed it the SC less then one hour so the install is really easy thus far. The only change I must do is move back the SC 1/4" back to clear the water overflow tank. I really happy to see the SC does not stick up as far as I thought it will make a good low profile hood scoop or rasied center. Now I will be prototyping the inlet of the SC to the MAF and gathering up all the line positions.

mazda6installed.jpg

mazda6installed1.jpg

mazda6installed2.jpg

mazda6installed3.jpg

mazda6installed4.jpg

Back