• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Grey vaccuum line?!

fordcupcar

CEG'er
I'm nearing the engine of my engine swap, but I'm running into some troubles of where the hard grey plastic vaccuum line goes. I know it follows the firewall down but I have not the slightest idea of where to hook it up and what the easiest way to do it is?! :shrug:

Any info is appreciated!

Where in Wisconsin are you?

Grafton, ~20miles north of Milwaukee.

@Tony: I appreciate the link. If I'm reading it correctly I'm looking at the line going to the Heater A/C control. Still not exactly sure where this connects in relation to the car though :( :shrug:.

@Tony: I appreciate the link. If I'm reading it correctly I'm looking at the line going to the Heater A/C control. Still not exactly sure where this connects in relation to the car though :( :shrug:.
Figure 6 shows it going to the upper intake manifold.

It's not one of the upper intake manifold hoses. I'll try and get a picture of the hose I'm talking about if I can't find where it goes today. It's a small plastic hose, not EGR, and not the one going to the solenoid. Also not the fuel pressure regulator hose. That pretty much leaves the one for A/C which makes sense since I know it runs down towards the firewall.

It's not one of the upper intake manifold hoses. I'll try and get a picture of the hose I'm talking about if I can't find where it goes today. It's a small plastic hose, not EGR, and not the one going to the solenoid. Also not the fuel pressure regulator hose. That pretty much leaves the one for A/C which makes sense since I know it runs down towards the firewall.

yeah it kind of is one of the UIM hoses. it connects to the vacuum manifold thing (the big cluster of vacuum lines). Both the grey plastic one and the black rubber one, both are hvac lines. see attached, if i remember correctly the one on the left is the black rubber and the one on the right is the grey plastic

Attachments

• vacuum.jpg
    vacuum.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 0
Well, I found where the line goes. What a PITA! Probably going to be running my new SVT tomorrow, and hopefully driving it within the next couple days. The threads on the driver side axle are a little messed up, but hopefully I can get it repaired and put back together. I'll let you guys know how it goes. :laugh:

Back