The time has come my friends, I haven't been active on these forums in years, yet every day I enjoy my SVT Contour, now 13 years old.
She's MINT, with nary a scratch, dent or blemish. Perfect running condition, needs nothing, except an appreciative owner.
I'm selling because we bought an Odyssey for the family and my SVT becomes the low man on the totem pole. I hate to sell it cause I'm never had more fun (going slow) and I love the engine sound, exhaust, everything. I used to be active in various NW-CEG meets and those were the best.
Here's some more info:
1999 Ford SVT Contour, Silver metallic with Midnight blue interior. The best combo IMO.
I purchased this car on Feb 13, 1999 and have absolutely babied it for 13 years. The reason I'm selling is because now I have 2 kids and just bought a minivan, bringing our total to 3 cars.
I've so enjoyed this car, it pains me to list it.
Condition: Absolutely MINT. You'll be hard pressed to find a dent or scratch on the paint, including the bumpers. It doesn't need detailing it's so clean.
I have all service records for 13 years. AND the SVT Certificate of Authenticity declaring this car built as #365/2760.
BONE STOCK. Except for:
- trailer hitch (i had a bike rack)
- HID headlight conversion (amazing difference from stock!)
- Jaguar dual-mode damper main pulley from an X-Type. Makes it rev smoother than glass. (Thanks shotwell, Lance and the boys for helping me install it one rainy winter afternoon in Seattle).
- Pioneer MP3 CD player with remote
- Added Ford trunk net
- Shifter knob leather and aluminum from a 2001 Mercury Cougar
What I fixed over the years:
- has dash warp fix
- has new A/C compressor
- has new battery
- has new ignition coils
-2.5L DOHC Duratec 24V V6, 200 hp
- SVT factory special headers, dual exhaust (original stainless steel and perfect!), pistons, extrude honed heads, ECU programming, too many SVT specific improvements to list.
- Full leather interior, no rips tears or blemishes (it was treated yearly)
- Power windows, door locks, remote, sunroof, power trunk, power mirrors
- 10 way power driver seat with lumbar
- A/C, fog lights (stock)
- SVT stock white gauges
- 40/60 split rear seat
- 4-channel ABS, vented discs front AND REAR
- General UHP performance tires, 50% tread. 225/50WR16
I have more photos, just ask.
150,200 km on the odo. About 100,000 of it on Vancouver Island where the roads are good and the traffic light. Less than 12,000km per year. Always garage kept. This is about 93k miles.
Call me at 604-716-2485 or PM or email kchin<at>alumni.uvic.ca
Great memories...I'm hacking around in a W8 Passat. Yes, I like rare cars.
[um, I'm having a hard time uploading pictures, please let me know if you want to see them]