• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone have SCT Extreme Tune software??

CKtour98

Hard-core CEG'er
Hey guys, im looking for the SCT extreme tune software so i can upload my .xtr tune files to my xcal2. Does anyone have this program on their comp they can send me via email? Looks like the SCT website has deleted it and no one on the web seems to have it available either :(

Is this the one that let you make small changes and actually make a tune without PRP? If so...I spent probably 10-15 hours (seriously) trying to find this. I am almost positive SCT paid people to take it off the web to promote sales of PRP. I really don't think you're going to find it, most unfortunately. I even saw many threads like this. If you do let me know though, good luck.

yeah pretty much, can adjust parameters, a/f, tiresize for speedo calibration, a bunch of stuff. I just need it to upload a .xtr tune file to my xcal2

I'm confused, because depending on how your tuner setup your flash file you would be able to adjust that stuff via the Xcal2, or Xcal3. They just had to "enable it" to allow the function. Although it wasn't a bunch of stuff it was only a hand full of things, but when they program the tuner they have to select "program w/options" Then they will get a screen like what I have shown below, which is a snap shot from my Advantage III SCT software (part of PRP).

programoptions.png

My tunes were created via SCT Extreme Tune software, i dont want to change any parameters or anything...just in order to upload these to my xcal2, i need the extreme tune program. I personally have never used the program so i have no idea how it looks or works

It's a free program that SCT had. However I can't find anyone that still has it available to download. Your best bet would be to contact SCT and ask them to send you the .exe file to install it.

If you talk to them ask them why it is impossible to find...like I said I looked for almost 15 hours and I even found threads saying how ridiculously impossible it was to find this software. Without this people have no way of creating the tune file without PRP or Adv so I could see them making a lot of money by eradicating that program from the internet.

luckily for me, i believe a member on here / close friend has the software on a computer still and is getting it for me tomorrow...ill update you guys with what happens!

luckily for me, i believe a member on here / close friend has the software on a computer still and is getting it for me tomorrow...ill update you guys with what happens!

Oh snap. I'd be interested in seeing this software.

So he did indeed have the software, and it works! Came with Livelink as well.......tune uploaded onto my Xcal2 smoothly :)

Back