• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Its Alive!!!!!!!

LLADNAR

CEG'er
I finally finished my 3.0 project today. I took it out and drove it and it is running better than it ever has, it is very quick,, but i really didn't beat on it too much,, i mean who really wants to do it all again that quickly. i will get comfortable in a couple days and then start beating the hell out of it again. I do have one question though,, for those who eliminate the secondaries, do you have trouble with the CEL,, i left the controller on and just layed the cable in a place where it could still work but i keep getting a p1518, and the Ford PC/ED says it could be because the IMRC is not seeing the cable being pulled back by the butterfly return spring. But either way i am very happy with the result.

You have to erase the Secondaries from the ECU otherwise you will get the CEL for it. Congrats on the 3L doesn't it feel great :D

Aaron

I was just thinking I should check and see how the progress was coming. Good to here that you got it going. Maybe with the CEL you could rig up a spring to make the cable return until you get a tune.

Well, Congradulations. I just got my wifes van fixed, so one less project standing in the way of the Contour.

I was just thinking I should check and see how the progress was coming. Good to here that you got it going. Maybe with the CEL you could rig up a spring to make the cable return until you get a tune.

Well, Congradulations. I just got my wifes van fixed, so one less project standing in the way of the Contour.

yeah i was thinking of putting a spring on it to see if that would work,, i did a similar thing with the wastegate on my custom turboed Probe gt.

oh and thanks again Paul i couldn't have done it without ya:cool:

You're welcome. I think you could have done it, just not as quickly. Remember you did all the work.

Back