• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interchange between contour and contour svt?

Westwildcat

CEG'er
I was wondering if interior things like speaker covers are the same on the regular contour as the svt?

The speaker covers are tied into the whole door panel, but the only difference in the panel might be if it has leather or not.

If you wanted to, you could technically seperate the speaker grill parts from the rest of the door panel and reattach them with some epoxy.

Ok well them being all one piece would explain why this person before me just broke them out to change the speakers. So basically I will have to find whole door panels then and try to do a change over.

Also... would the outside door handle and key lock assemble be the same on a non svt? Someone had tried to break into the car at one point and now you kind have to push thew door in to open it, so I am looking for the door handle/lock assemble to change also.

Thanks

Ok thats good news about the door handle unit... now hopefully I can figure something out with the speaker grills....

Thanks again guys

Back