• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SCT tuner?

I think around 185whp is highest I have read about from a N/A 2.5 with a tune and bolt ons. I could be wrong but a stock svt is around 165-170whp.

Serious? Dang, thats terrible! isn't it only like a 18% loss from the crank? Hmm... Do you know what mods where even done to net 185? I just feel thats a bit low

Serious? Dang, thats terrible! isn't it only like a 18% loss from the crank? Hmm... Do you know what mods where even done to net 185? I just feel thats a bit low

Not 100% sure but I do know it had headers, y-pipe, pulley, full exhaust, intake.....your basic bolt ons but it had a tune also. I think 18% sounds right which puts you at 164whp in a stock svt.

How much power gain can you get from a SCT x3 cal? With basic bolt on's...

I think around 185whp is highest I have read about from a N/A 2.5 with a tune and bolt ons. I could be wrong but a stock svt is around 165-170whp.

My car has exactly what your talking about at put down 187whp IIRC. I'll have to verify it when I get home and can pull out the dyno sheet.

Mild SCT Tune that I created using SCT PRP.
Stock 98 SVT 2.5L
WR headers
WR Y-pipe
Trubendz cat delete pipe
Fram Air Hog SVT replacement filter
Talyor ThunderVolt 8.2mm plug wires
Bosch Platinum Plugs

Can't find an online source of my dyno sheet from DB Performance when the car was running perfect, but here is the SZ08 dyno run where my IMRC wiring was going out... 178.88whp/157.78ftlbs
dynosheetqr5.png

My car has exactly what your talking about at put down 187whp IIRC. I'll have to verify it when I get home and can pull out the dyno sheet.

Not even close... 176.1whp and 151ftlbs... Although that said this was before I installed my cat delete test pipe.

dbdyno.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know why you seem so surprised, you're not tuning a pushrod v8 with 60hp/liter. You are dealing with an engine that had one of the highest specific outputs (80hp/liter) for a N/A engine on the market at the time it was produced. Not to mention the factory SVT tune is pretty aggressive to begin with. Where do you think that 36 hp came from, the quasi-dual exhaust? :shrug:

Back