• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I'm back! sadly my car isnt

aaron_soccer20

New CEG'er
Hey everyone! So its been since about two years since i was on last, not sure if the same people from back then are still around? Anyways my 98 contour went through a tragic death :( Luckly i still have a front and rear svt bumpers that i have no use for and figuered i would see if any of the NW locals are in need of either of the bumpers before i post them in the classifieds.... I can get pictures no problem.
Thanks!

I've been wondering what happened to you. Glad you're okay and sorry to hear about the SVT.

You might want to post the bumpers in the NW Classifieds, at the top of this forum.

Good luck!
David

here is pretty much what happened... i drove my 98 Contour up to 207,000 miles (yes lots of miles on it, its been cross country couple times) never had serious problems with it ever, took great care of it. Since it was getting old i let my brother drive it for awhile since he needed a vehicle to drive... well i should of known not to let him drive it since it was his 4th car in less then a year (wrecks a lot). He started driving it really hard, he blew a rod and kept driving it, he blew the water pump and kept driving it... he drove it into the ground and just destroyed it. So the vehicle just stayed parked in the driveway dead in many ways. (i'm not sure how long i can write without getting cut off so i will make adintional posts in order with this, i know long story)

So after the vehicle sitting there for a few month, so ya, since i was in college and living at home still, my mom was sick of seeing it parked there dead where it was sitting she wanted it moved to a different spot. So myself and my friend were going to push it and park in next to a fence in the corner of the property where it wont be seen as much. Since the battery was dead, we pushed it. ( i have not sat in the car since i gave it up last) so we start pushing, and i hop in the car and my friend is going to tell me when to hit the break and stop the car.... well when he told me to, the brake peddle went straight to the floor, i pumped a couple times and when i realized it wasnt going to work, i had to get out of the car and squeeze between the car and a fence just maybe two seconds before my car rolled of the edge and into a gulley.

All i remember seeing was the car just falling off the edge and was out of sight and all i heard was it crashing down the hill side and then a loud boom as it went off a small drop off at the end and came to rest in the middle of a creek. I did measure the distance and it ended up going 56 feet to the bottom. I will know post some picture to go along with this.

P1020488-1.jpg

You can kinda make out the tire tracks leading to the edge where the car went off.

P1020491.jpg

There she rests

P1020490-1.jpg

Just another shot from further away

P1020497-1.jpg

Quick way to change the color of your wheel, i dont advise this method)

P1020499-1.jpg

Just hanging out in the swamp

P1020504-1.jpg

Side view, so you can get a better idea of the angle of the hill

P1020509-1.jpg

Rear pic of the car

P1020512-1.jpg

My last pic with the car, of course i couldnt look to happy

P1090448.jpg

The creek in the fall, floods all the time and it filled up with water completly and the car swam with the fishes for a while.

P1070311-1.jpg

After sleeping with the fishes, you can see all the mud and stuff left over once the water was gone, this is the tow truck hooked up to the car pulling her out.

Sorry the pictures were so big on the screen, anyways, good news is, i did take most things off the car, so only stalk things were on the car when she went over. Thanks for looking...... Since then i bought a 02 Eclipse, but dont think that i dont ever miss my old car, The Contour lasted 207,000 miles with no serious problems and it took great care of me.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/474196

The good times can be seen at that link still. On page 5, i still have the interior setup for the DVD screen and what not if anyone wants it, i will practically give it away since its was custom built for a Contour.

Im interested in the dvd mold deal thingy whatchamacallit. I cursed out loud when i seen the pics, i could visualize the car dropping off the cliff! WOW

Do you have or can you take a few more pics of the cutsom rig? I have a dvd player that pops out the dash but 2 dvd players would be so :shocked:

SVT Front bumper (pending sale), SVT rear bumper (t-red and in good shape) The custom made center console... those would be the three things.... i do have some greeb LED interior light bars as well. I would use them but wouldnt go good with my now red car. I have pics of everything as well.

The custom center console is very cool:cool:

Sadly i can not afford to do another dvd screen in the tour. I had some sway bar mount issues along with a blown rear strut, so now im out over 1300 in unexpected expenses. Well i guess i could have gotten a replacement strut but who wants an imbalanced feel? Soon i will have the BAT euro kit and im sure i will be very pleased.

Whats the condition/price color for the front bumper?

Back