• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

all aluminum radiator FTW

Still can get pretty hot on the track. I was having boil issues at SZ last year.
When I ran Gingerman, my coolant had no issues was around 210 the whole time. My oil got hot though, which is why I left after 9 minutes on every run. What thermo you running Todd?

Oil got to 250. Coolant was boiling out of the overflow tank. I don't have a gauge for coolant since oil temp. is more important.

yeah i have issues and i have a 168 degree tstat i still run hot in traffic and stuff. fans work fine, but a tune woudl help it run cooler obviously. i don't have a problem when i beat on it, but i'd like an aluminum radiator

yeah i have issues and i have a 168 degree tstat i still run hot in traffic and stuff. fans work fine, but a tune woudl help it run cooler obviously. i don't have a problem when i beat on it, but i'd like an aluminum radiator

I tell you man... PRP

I changed the temps at which my fan kicks in. A cheaper route would be to drop your radiator and spray it out with a water hose. You'd be amazed with the difference it makes.

as cool as that is, I'm quite skeptical, maybe its the bad taste I still have in my mouth from the weapon r coolant tanks.

also isn't it lacking the mounting points for the fan assembly??

Last edited:
Back