• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Someone talk me down...

BadDoctorFrost

Veteran CEG'er
So I'm in the mood for new wheels for the T44, and I was planning on getting either the 17" forged wheels from a C5 A6 4.2, or the same 17" crosslace BBS wheels that my mom's old A6 2.7T had. But then I came across these:
ST4BK1.jpg

I'm in love. But I'm not sure how they'd fit on the T44..style-wise...
T44.jpg

Thoughs?

looks like a helicopter tail rotor. Didn't American Chopper make a rim like that for one of their stupid theme bikes?

I didn't buy them. I like them, but they don't fit the style of the car. I'm still holding out for the BBS RC Crosslace that came on the 2.7T A6. I found a set of 5-spoke forged 4.2 wheels, but they were $1000 plus tires, and I just don't want to spend that kind of coin right now after I just spent $1600 overhauling brakes and suspension last week.

Boosted Cavalier FTW :shrug: Not so hot on the wheels (I think it's the black painted areas that look cheap to me for some reason)

Right. Let me rush right out and get a boosted Cavalier. :blackeye:

Was that supposed to be a slam? Let us know when anything you own comes close to it in performance. He's not the one putting wheels on a car that are worth more than it is. Let alone the ugliest wheels possibly ever made. Come back when you pick up some smare.

He's not the one putting wheels on a car that are worth more than it is.

Do we even need to have this argument on an enthusiast site for a 10 year old Ford? Don't get me wrong, I love SVTs, and would have one if I knew it wouldn't spin a bearing before 200K miles. However, according to NADA, my 5000 with 217000 miles is worth $4200. A model year 2000 SVT with the same mileage (which SVTs have spun bearings before 100K..so 217K is purely laughable) is only worth $3700. So, what were you talking about? :shrug:

Now, I understand that a Chevy/Ford owner would never understand the relationship with a classic Audi, and that's OK. My Audi is not for everybody, and not everyone will appreciate it. I wouldn't be caught dead in a Chevrolet save for a Tahoe or Suburban. To each his own. The wheels may not be the best looking things you've ever seen, but after seeing plenty of modified cars on here (many of which have mods worth more than the car itself) that's OK. Just on the next page there's a 4-cylinder auto-tragic Contour which can only be called "tastefully modified" by the likes of Helen Keller. I asked for an opnion, and that's what I got.

I'll stick to the BBS RC used on the C5 A6 2.7T :)
bbs%20rc.jpg

I'll stick to the BBS RC used on the C5 A6 2.7T :)
bbs%20rc.jpg

Nice wheel... pricy, but nice. Of course maybe the reason I like that wheel is because if it had a VW center cap it would be identical to the wheels on my 2004 GLI 1.8T

One question though... If you have such disdain for the Ford Contour, why are you posting on a Contour enthusiast web site?

Was that supposed to be a slam? Let us know when anything you own comes close to it in performance. He's not the one putting wheels on a car that are worth more than it is. Let alone the ugliest wheels possibly ever made. Come back when you pick up some smare.
Actually someone slighted his car and I think he made a funny reply.
I really like/respect the performance of the new Cobalt SS but like the Neon SRT4 I still wouldn't own one.
-J

Back