• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Yes it was stupid

Zetec_contour

CEG'er
I know it was stupid,don't remind me LOL But here goes.............
So when I recieved my car from the previous owner(my friend) and his dad put a big azz ford decal in the back window a few years back. So understandably by now it looks like crap,so I decided to try to remove it. I used a scraper used for removing decals off windows and that wasn't working. So heres my mess up, I used sand paper about 500 grit:laugh: cause it was all I had. So I scratched too hard and gouged the glass and it's pretty noticable. Is there a way to remove the scratch or no?

You did what?!!?:troutslap:

I wanna see pics.

Me too! :shocked:

needpics.gif

There is a glass polishing powder available, you use it with a power buffer, perhaps in your case a buffer on a dremel tool, probably in a water slurry.

MIke

Never met a decal that can't be removed in about 5 minutes on glass with a razor blade. This is the most hilarious post I've read in forever. Thanks!

pretty hard to scratch the glass, but if you did, you can take it out by using progressively finer grades of sandpaper. Its just going to be a lot harder to do than say, sanding the haze out of headlights.

Next time use a razor to remove decals. I take old decals off trucks all the time using just a razor blade. Hair dryer too if they are really stubborn (to soften the vinyl)

I just don't understand why you didn't ask us...after your first failed attempt at taking it off :shrug:

Time to order some glass polishing pads for a buffer or check with your insurance company about replacement through them.

Back