• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Help!!!!

KerryKool

Hard-core CEG'er
Ok, I'm almost done with the wiring harness installation but I have a problem:

P9160031.jpg

As you can tell the new harness is on the left and the old one on the right. You can also see that the new harness has an extra wire hanging off of it. I don't know where this goes!! The TSB manual I've been using has been helpful, but it doesn't describe where this wire is supposed to go.

Please I need some input from the know it alls. I want this done by tonight so I can test it tommorrow.

Thanks,
-KJ

Last edited:
I found out that it connects to the air conditioning pressure conector. It was in the manual after all. But now I can't find the conector. I'm 90% done and it sould be running by the end of tonight.:cool:

Just need help finding that conector.:help:

Sorry I can't help ya with that connector. I'm still pretty new to these cars. Will it run for the time being without that connector hooked up?

But....Holy Crap! That old harness looks NASTY. Mine is not quite that bad, but the climate up here is a little milder most of the time.

A/C High Pressure Cutout/Fan switch?
RH front corner of engine compartment between Coolant and Window washer bottles.
Need a '1995 Contour and Mystique Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting manual' Ford part # FCS-12253-95. I have a spare, $15 plus shipping.

Last edited:
I don't need the manual but thanks anyway. I found it a little while ago by accident. At first I thought the wire I was replacing was purple, which it was but I didn't account for the years of discoloration. And it also helped that the wire covering was breaking off.

Its all back together, I'll try and get the how-to up by next week sometime. I got to study for a test for monday.

Yep. Most of the install was pretty straight forward.

I still have a check engine light on after driving for awhile, but I think its the thermostat. I'm going to take it to a mechanics shop just to make sure.

This week is pretty busy for me, but the how-to should be by this weekend.

Back