• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

First time out after winter storage

Chris@CTA

Veteran CEG'er
Took the SVT and SRT4 out yesterday, oh, and the Cobalt SS too. Had to put some fresh gas in the SVT and SRT4, got the rust of the rotors too. :shocked:

100_1788.JPG

Did a little aesthetic mod on the SRT4 too. (CF exhaust cut outs and black painted valance)
100_1782.JPG

100_1780.JPG

100_1779.JPG

Thanks Guys. Yeh, it's nice to take them out once in a while. It's quite a difference driving each of these cars back to back, each one is much different from the other, but all fun to drive. :laugh:

yah am I missing something but why do you have 3 fwd cars, im guessing ones a dd ones a track car and the other not sure? nice cars either way.

yah am I missing something but why do you have 3 fwd cars, im guessing ones a dd ones a track car and the other not sure? nice cars either way.

Nope, none are daily drivers. I just like the (cheaper) niche cars, FWD or not. I actually wanted to get a STi, but their a lot of money. Same holds true for getting a Mustang GT or whatever RWD car is out there. Another vehicle i wanted was a new Challenger SRT8, another was a 300C SRT8. In the end, I just got what I felt like getting. :shrug:

I just like the (cheaper) niche cars,

+1 you got all the cars i want. love to see well built cars no matter what the builder's budget is. the less expensive niche cars are in reach of some enthusiasts low incomes... like mine :laugh:

love the cars, keep up the good work.

Chris is that Borla catback on the SVT? I'm trying to place the tips. They look a lot like my Borla but your tips are tucked into the cutouts and look flush w/ the bumper where as mine are a bit different.

Chris is that Borla catback on the SVT? I'm trying to place the tips. They look a lot like my Borla but your tips are tucked into the cutouts and look flush w/ the bumper where as mine are a bit different.

This was a CTA custom dual exhaust (DES1 but using resonators at the rear), using Magnaflow 4" Stainless single walled rolled exhaust tips. I had it built to be flush with the bumper. At first, it stuck out too far, but when I opted to change the rear mufflers for resonators a few years back, I had the exhaust shortened about 2 inches to make them flush. :)

Here's the tip.

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=8294

Chris,
Next time I am up there seeing Aaron, I have to have him bring me over there and see these things man, they look amazing.

Suweeeeeet, yeah fresh gas does wonders, my car I took out yesterday really for the first time in months and it had maybe 1/16th tank gas in it and was running like crap, bogging and surging like hell, fresh tank of 94 octane and some octane booster and it ran like a champ.:cool:

Back