• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Magnaflow mufflers

so... basically you do NOT drive it.

thats good they are quiet if they are going on my girlfriend:laugh:

Yeah, basically. :laugh:
No, it's way too quiet.

I do everything you mentioned above. Okay...atleast we are on the same page now :)
Oh my svt's 18's are taken off while the car sits on stock se wheels. So i wax them probably like 5 times before they go back on. Since all they do is sit in my basement.:crazy:

oh i'm up :)
I know i have washed my mufflers before....:crazy:. Because people always want to see my true duals but i have a power washer...so i just point the gun under my car and wash away.

Nice Harry.
When I got my SVT, I took over the winter wheels/tires so Chris's sits with her summer wheels now. Still, they are taken off they get a few coats of wheel wax. We have an extra set of wheels in the basement, just in case, but her car really doesn't go out in the winter.

We like to wash them. I have a power sprayer too but it just doesn't get all the dirt off like we like it to.

crazy woman... :D

LOL! Half the engine is apart right now and she cleaned the whole engine bay again. We have the struts, fender liners, etc. out too, they all got cleaned before going back in.

Let's not forget that I cleaned the subframe too. :)

Let's not forget that I cleaned the subframe too. :)

oh...now that you brought it up......i should weld my subframe connectors on that i got from speeddemon monday when i get off work.

I'll jack the car up and bring the SFC's from my basement upstairs tomorrow night. That wya everything will be ready for me on monday when i get off work :)

Too many car projects...its driving me crazy for SZ :crazy: I even postponed my 3L till after SZ :nonono:

For two... I love them. :) It stiffened up the ride in the corners a bit too.
I mainly love them for the ease of jacking up the car. So IMO, it was so worth getting them.

Awesome. I need to tighten my frame up. I can easily fab something similar up and have them welded.

Thanks for the speedy informative response!

For two... I love them. :) It stiffened up the ride in the corners a bit too.
I mainly love them for the ease of jacking up the car. So IMO, it was so worth getting them.

I'm doing it for the handling reason...but i can only magine what it would be like jacking the car up in the middle now :crazy:

Hmm...gotta do a tune up on the se today....i also have to change my oil pan gasket. So i might be doing my svt later this week.:blackeye:

I just hope i notice a good difference with handling quality once i install these.:cool:

wow I really dont like the welding on those subframe connectors. Can someone just measure theirs and send me the measurements, I can see if I can get a few dozen fabbed up for you guys for cheap. just so I know how much tube to order.

Considering they barely filled the last group buy I'm not sure there is enough interest to make fabbing up another few worth it. And whats wrong with the welds? They're under the car so its not like anyone but you and the guy welding them on is gonna see them.

well, for instance the block on the back to raise it to meet the rear, the welding is going across the width of the tube. Only need welds on the sides, and welds across the width makes the tube weaker. I wasnt talking about his welds to the car.

Well if noone wants any thats fine, but its really no big deal to make up a few, since I will make myself one when I get around to boxing my rear subframe. What do I need a group buy for, I can just make a couple extra pairs, write down the angles and lengths, and then if I ever need to make more its fine.

The guy that welded mine covered the welds with an under-body coating for me. He did a decent job and only charged me $40. Sketchy place but it was cheap and he had welded SFC's before on some Mustangs.

I'm doing it for the handling reason...but i can only magine what it would be like jacking the car up in the middle now :crazy:

Hmm...gotta do a tune up on the se today....i also have to change my oil pan gasket. So i might be doing my svt later this week.:blackeye:

I just hope i notice a good difference with handling quality once i install these.:cool:

I noticed a difference Harry. For example, in a tight corner with a bump, it would normally toss the back end out a bit, it doesn't do that anymore. It's more solid in the turns.
The guy that welded mine on told me that I wouldn't notice anything unless I was hitting the high numbers on the speedo, that hasn't been my experience at all.
I'm so used to the way mine handles that when I drive Ken's SVT, I don't like it. We have a set of connectors waiting to go on his car. Just need to find the time to do it.

Awesome. I need to tighten my frame up. I can easily fab something similar up and have them welded.

Thanks for the speedy informative response!

You're welcome for the speedy informative response. :)

Phoenix33, sorry that we hi-jacked your thread. Please feel free to post here with any other questions that you have about those mufflers. :)

Last edited:
keep in mind guys that when you have them welded on your supposed to have the suspension loaded like the car is sitting on the ground. this means finding a place with a drive on lift that has a welder.

keep in mind guys that when you have them welded on your supposed to have the suspension loaded like the car is sitting on the ground. this means finding a place with a drive on lift that has a welder.

I have my car up on drive on stands...:cool:

In case you were sending that thought my way.

I have my car up on drive on stands...:cool:

In case you were sending that thought my way.
kind of since you had mentioned installing them soon, but figured it was good info for everyone else who was thinking about them as well. :cool:

my problem is i dont have any drive on ramps or i would have mine installed already instead of just sitting in the garage. :laugh:

kind of since you had mentioned installing them soon, but figured it was good info for everyone else who was thinking about them as well. :cool:

my problem is i dont have any drive on ramps or i would have mine installed already instead of just sitting in the garage. :laugh:

Well thanks for thinking about me... I can feel the love now :laugh:

Back