• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Transporting Full Contour Interior In Contour

2000ZxT

Hard-core CEG'er
So, I found a good deal on an MB interior, want to go grab it but its kind of far away. Wondering if anyone has tried to fit an entire interior (everything besides headliner, getting suede) into a contour before.

I am thinking if I take the front seats apart I can probably get it in there. This is about 1.5 hours from my place so I don't want to have to go back twice...anybody ever try this?

Ummmmmmm, Just putting the seats into a contour is tight. You will have to remove the back off the front seats. You can fit it all, but don't know if you can with the dash..... PM ukravit

Remove your passenger seat and your bench bottom... then everything you buy should fit.. reinstall once arriving at your home destination.

as I recall I was not able to get the dash into the trunk. I wasn't carrying anything else so it wasn't an issue. I would pull parts of the interior out and replace with the purchased part to help aid with getting everything into the car.

rent a u-haul van if you can swing it. $20 for the day + mileage, saves the risk of damage to any of the parts you are buying.

Maybe add your location (city/state) to your profile. If you are anywhere near Tulsa, I have a truck and will be happy to help you out, and would venture to say there are more like me here. You may also find someone here, closer to you, who has a better deal, but hasn't pulled the trigger on posting an ad just yet.

Uhaul isn't a terrible idea, but their mileage can be crazy, even a E150/E250 van can be almost a buck a mile. And you have a 3 hour round-trip... Hertz rents pick-up trucks and every other rental agency has minvans and SUV's. We used priceline to grab a Toyota Highlander mid-size SUV for a trip... $16 a day/unlimited mileage.

I've done this before, the best bet is to strip the entire interior out save the front seats and the dash. Just install everything loosely when you pick it up with the new dash across the back seat or through the trunk into the rear seat. The door cards will hang on the inner window sil, the rear seats pop into place quickly, and most of the other parts are either small enough to bag up in the trunk or just pop right into place.

~Mike~

last time i checked you can get a 15 passenger van from enterprise with unlimited miles. i forget how much it was to rent but i'm thinking that it was less than 10 bucks for a weekend.

Do what this guy did...

IMG_4987-1.jpg

:nonono::help:

Hah actually I already bought a hood from this guy (Rwea14 I think on here), clearly that didn't fit in my car so I strapped it to my roof. Apparently his neighbors though I was crazy but this was the second time I had done this.

Unfortunately the car I am taking there is not the car I am swapping the interior into, this is no job for that car. Ill pull my door panels and rear seat and hopefully that will do it. I am only 23, I can rent from uhaul, ect? Thought you had to be 25. Either way I drive a contour and that means I am probably too cheap to rent anything.

Thanks for the help, I am sure based on what you guys are saying Ill get it all in there with the proper provisions.

being 23 i think you can rent. when i was in the navy i would rent all of the time and i was only 21. and i once strapped a king size bed and both pieces of the foundation to the roof of a 92 pontiac lemans. that was awkward.

Not sure about U-Haul, but when I worked at Hertz (1999-2000-ish) we were not able to rent to anyone under 25. It might be a company-specific thing.

Four SVTs ago the owner sold me the car and all their spare stuff and it all fit in the car...Two front seats (one was taken apart the other wasn't), both parts of the rear seat, an extra trunk mat, two extra door panels and some other small stuff. I think you'd be surprised at what you can get to fit if you're smart about it (and willing to spend the time in trial and error).

Back