• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mirko Duraflex and Carbon Fiber splitters GB# 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

svt4stv

Hard-core CEG'er
Ok guys, sorry for the delay.

Let’s get round 2 going. I need at least 10 people to get in on this to make it happen. Should be too hard. (that’s what she said!)
10 Duraflex.

need at least 5 people for Carbon Fiber version.

during the GB only, these will be
$300 plus shipping for the Duraflex version
and
$450 for the carbon fiber version.

Each version will be $50 more after the GB is over.

Shipping
We are doing a flat rate shipping fee for the 48 continental states. $80 plus the $20 drop ship fee. $100 even.
Canadian customers: $205 (with the fee).
Shipping payments are not due until they are ready to ship out. As long as your splitter is paid for in full, you can take as long as you need to send in the shipping payment.

all splitters will be drop shipped directly from Extreme Dimensions in Fullerton, CA. they will handle all of the packing, shipping and insurance claims. items will be shipped via fedex or ups.
if you are local or will be in the area, you are more than welcome to stop by ED in person and pick up your splitter and save yourself the cost of shipping. (just need to set up an appointment first)

as we’ve seen a few times, ED is more than willing to cover any damaged or incorrect shipments. Last GB, out of ALL that we sent, “blems” too, we only had one arrive damaged and one that was the wrong type. Not bad really.

50% of the total is needed for the deposit: $150 for the DF and $225 for the CF

**CA residents please PM me prior to sending in payment**
you can send your deposit via Paypal, personal check or money order.

Paypal payments:
Post up what you want, and your email address and I will send you a PP invoice for the deposit amount. the 3% PP fee will be added into the invoice amount.

for check or MO payments,
if you would like to make a check or MO payment please post this and I will contact you via PM for details.

for ALL payments, please include the following information:
1. full name
2. CEG username
3. phone number
4. email address
5. what you are paying for

I dont need addresses at this point. we'll handle those when its time to ship them out.
I will add your name to the list if you want in. i will put pending next to your name until your deposit is received, at which point it will change to deposit.

after the GB is over, the price on these will be $50 more. i may order additional units to keep on hand but at the moment im not sure how many. once theyre sold out, you will have to wait about 8 weeks till new ones are ready.

balance payments will be due immediately when the splitters arrive. i will notify everyone via a thread update when they are on the ship on their way so you may start getting the rest of the $ ready. i personally have to send the balance payment in when the splitters arrive so be prepared to send your funds in. if i have to cover your balance payment for you, i will tack on the extra $50 non-GB price. you will have plenty of advanced notice when the balance will be due. if you need to, you may transfer the purchase to someone else but do so in advance of the balance being due. After 30 days, your deposit will be forfeited and the splitter will be sold to someone else.

If you have any questions feel free to post them up or send me a PM

Once I pull the trigger, it will take about 8 weeks for the batch to arrive. Pete says theyre pretty good about this since we already have the mold made. I think we’ll give it a few weeks till we close the GB since some people may be on vacation.

If you don’t get in now, the next GB may be next Spring at the earliest.

Duraflex
1. Milan (remember him? lol) ;o)
2. thatguy
3. gameOVER
4. enigma11211
5. dairdevlyld
6. GetU1

Carbon Fiber
1. 79mustang351w

2. kevinm77
3. jumijc
4. OB1
5. svt4stv

if anyone from GB 1 has any pics of their ED Mirko installed please post them up. plus tips on installation would be a help to everyone as well. im sure people are using different ways to install these. i never got a chance to put either of mine on and gave them both up to other CEGers.

Here you go Steve.....

eb0d6254.jpg

84dac25a.jpg

SAM_0237.jpg

SAM_0232.jpg

SAM_0231.jpg

SAM_0355.jpg

SAM_0345.jpg

Tip: I went without the wrap around for ease of removability. It was a very tight fit on my bumper and I felt if it was constantly handled it might have ill effects on my paint and splitter.

It was just a personal decision and I didnt jump on the GB for the wrap around, I did for a superior product and Availability. Once I trimmed off the wrap around it lays flush to the edge a bumper, which the Mirko version was lacking I believe.

I love the idea of the wrap-around and it make it look much cleaner, but just doesnt work out for me.

Tip: I went without the wrap around for ease of removability. It was a very tight fit on my bumper and I felt if it was constantly handled it might have ill effects on my paint and splitter.

It was just a personal decision and I didnt jump on the GB for the wrap around, I did for a superior product and Availability. Once I trimmed off the wrap around it lays flush to the edge a bumper, which the Mirko version was lacking I believe.

I love the idea of the wrap-around and it make it look much cleaner, but just doesnt work out for me.

X2, I agree 100% I just cant bring myself to cut the wrap around off my CF one....had I got an unfinished duraflex one, it would have been a no brainer to cut that ish off!

looks sick man. thanks for posting the pics.

so you went with a simple nut/bolt set up to keep it on?

youre car is making me want a TRed! :drool:

No Problem!
yep, just a nut and bolt on each side. I had to remove my bumper stays to get it on.

I also lined the back side of it with this......
898e7721.jpg

I have 1/2" black loop (soft side) velcro that I will outline it with. You can also get sheets of velcro backed felt from Joann's. I thin thats what CSVT1214 did with his Mirko Splitter.

Here's mine, lined with Moleskin (you can see it poking up in a couple places. Same nut/bolt type install has Malcom. Same as mentioned before, very tight fit, but I'd rather it be tight than loose.

46004c84.jpg

a0c2bd9a.jpg

ae6e93a3.jpg

b806ba40.jpg

If you/need want any other angles I can get them.

I know....thats why I doing it....I only want one because Malcolm has one.....cause he is SO cool. I wanna be just like him. lol Nah I got an idea...some will like it...some will hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back