• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I Hate School

CRGkart44

Is Cruising For A Bruising
Im in community college right now cause i dont want ot have massive school debt. but i do plan on transfering.

but my teachers suck. my management teacher is a workaholic and expects everyone else to be. we have somehting big due every class. and i always have it.

my accounting teacher is a cool guy and all.... but i just dont understand it. at least he gives us a while on the graded HW. and we have 2 non comulative tests. however... i got a 63 on the first one. yepp. a 63. the lowest grade in the class and i know for sure. I do all the graded HW plus problems in the book. and i studied a lot for the test. but i still got a 63!:mad:

next is Micro economics. the D-bag is like 70 years old. hes not even a teacher. hes an extra the school brought in(who worked in the field for years). but he talks quite, he sometimes studders, and hes monotone. how the hell is it possible to pay attention. i had to leave early tonight since it was the first day back from break. Again, i do all the readings. there is no HW(which is nice) but the 2 tests we have taken i got a 65 and a 58!!!!! WTF.

Finally Engrish. IDC. its boring. but i write gnarly papers. so i think im doing ok.. she doesnt give grades.... even if you ask her... she wont. just just says.. " youre doing fine... dont worry" to EVERYONE. but maybe everyone is doign well?:shrug:

anyways.... i really dont get why my test grades are soo EFFIN low. i do all the work and readings.:mad: now im going to have to take summer classes to transfer. and maybe winter classes... dsrklgueriugeikbgkjhbgr FML

at least at my other school there were parties all the time where i could go have fun with friends and sip on some brews and bottles. here there are NONE... and im doing worse.

sorry.... i jsut had to vent about my :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty day at school

anyone else hate college with a passion?

me me me me me! luckily i graduate on friday of next week. i go to Ohio Technical College for auto, diesel, and alternative fueled vehicles. our HVAC teacher knew so little about the program that they fired him after our class. we were never offered a free course with a real teacher afterwards. kinda got jipped out of that one. now im in alternative fuels. this class was GREAT at first. we built hydrogen generators and installed them in cars. me and a partner also created a recipe for biodiesel that we now run in all of our schools trucks. but now in the last few weeks, we dont do a thing. teacher doesnt teach, and for our test each week, he gives us the answers. its totally pointless. oh, and ohio sucks. i cant wait to move back

Im in community college right now cause i dont want ot have massive school debt. but i do plan on transfering.

but my teachers suck. my management teacher is a workaholic and expects everyone else to be. we have somehting big due every class. and i always have it.

my accounting teacher is a cool guy and all.... but i just dont understand it. at least he gives us a while on the graded HW. and we have 2 non comulative tests. however... i got a 63 on the first one. yepp. a 63. the lowest grade in the class and i know for sure. I do all the graded HW plus problems in the book. and i studied a lot for the test. but i still got a 63!:mad:

next is Micro economics. the D-bag is like 70 years old. hes not even a teacher. hes an extra the school brought in(who worked in the field for years). but he talks quite, he sometimes studders, and hes monotone. how the hell is it possible to pay attention. i had to leave early tonight since it was the first day back from break. Again, i do all the readings. there is no HW(which is nice) but the 2 tests we have taken i got a 65 and a 58!!!!! WTF.

Finally Engrish. IDC. its boring. but i write gnarly papers. so i think im doing ok.. she doesnt give grades.... even if you ask her... she wont. just just says.. " youre doing fine... dont worry" to EVERYONE. but maybe everyone is doign well?:shrug:

anyways.... i really dont get why my test grades are soo EFFIN low. i do all the work and readings.:mad: now im going to have to take summer classes to transfer. and maybe winter classes... dsrklgueriugeikbgkjhbgr FML

at least at my other school there were parties all the time where i could go have fun with friends and sip on some brews and bottles. here there are NONE... and im doing worse.

sorry.... i jsut had to vent about my :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty day at school

LMAO Sounds like me! I'm taking Accounting 2 and Macro Economics this semester. In Accounting, my teacher, she just sucks. All she does is read from the book. My first test, got a 58. I told her I would do better. The second test, A WHOLE POINT MORE!!! I got a 59 lol but what's cool is that the homework is weighted heavily, and I've made nothing but A's on the homework. As far as economics, my teacher is pretty legit. He's cool, even though it's like he has to say everything 4 times in one way or another. I've done pretty decent in class, not so bad, but definitely not good. D on my first test, and C on the second test. Okay, so it is bad. lol

I'm gonna keep quiet cause i enjoy college, too much sometimes.

Sounds like you need to get away from that community college. I understand the avoided debt thing though. Hopefully when you transfer things will get better.

I was an accounting major and I managed to do poorly on a good number of accounting exams.
The professors enjoyed using old tests from the 80's that didn't include what was actually covered in the classes leading up to those tests.
We complained about it quite a bit, but all they did was scale everyone's grades.
I somehow managed to be at the top of the scale most of the time, but I still did poorly for my own standards.
I don't think I retained anything worthwhile from my Accounting courses. Not that it matters. You learn better from on the job training and real world experience. No employer really expects you to know everything once you graduate and enter the working world.

I struggled with Microeconomics as well.

Hang in there and do the best you can. Take some time to meet with the professors after class and discuss your struggles with them. Ask for help on how to overcome your testing woes.

Man what sucks is when my school gets DR's from India to teach our classes. They can barely speak english (its ok for me because I work in a hospital with a bunch of people from India so I am used to it). It sucks for the students who try so hard but get no where in the class because their grading scales suck. I dont understand why they cant get Americans to teach Bio :(

I liked college, at least once I switched to Math/Education. I did find that, when I was having difficulty, going in person to talk to the Prof made a HUGE difference. They could explain stuff one-on-one, which often helped. They also saw I was serious about math, despite the long hair and tie-dyed clothes. :laugh: That could also help you out if you are in-between grades.

College was hard work. In high school, I got A's w/o even having to study, in college, that won't fly. Everyone there is as smart as you, and you must be willing to work harder to beat them. I'm not implying you're not, I'm just trying to put it into perspective. My daughter was born my Junior Year in college, so that provided me with a bit of motivation.

Just keep at it, talk to the professors, study with other people (it helps to hear different explanations sometimes), and try to remember why you are doing all this. If it were easy, the degree would be worthless, as everyone could get one. Good luck.

My favorite example is a statistics course I took three times.

- highschool, junior year, average grade B
- college, sophomore year, failed miserably
- college, soph/junior (summer course) at local state school, grade A+

It had everything to do with the way the material was taught. In highschool and the state school, it was taught using visual concepts. The course at my college was extremely arbitrary, perferring Greek symbols to explain everything. Naturally, I got lost.

I took Stats II at my college in the summer between junior/senior year. Again, the same book was used, and this time the professor was the guy who wrote the book. Again, I got completely lost, and scraped by with a C-. (anything less than that is a failing grade).

I hate school too brah, dont worry, im gonna be going into my 5th year of college... for a bachlors degree.... and its not gonna be my final year...

I only need like 6 classes to graduate, but like 3 of them are 3 prerequisites in a row for the next... so its gonna be awhile.

i feel like Tommy boy

Combination of working too much, having only 6 of my 80 credits transfer, and having A.D.D... i might be on the 6 year plan, but ill be leaving debt free and owning a house, so its all good

i feel your pain. when i was in school all the night class teachers were adjuncts...and were obviously only teaching for some extra scratch. before i finally stopped going i was about to fail a math class because the teacher couldn't speak english. but he curved the whole class cause everyone was failing. EVERYONE. I had another who would regularly skip class cause he had season jets tickets.

i would however save my money and stay with the community college. nobody really cares that you transferred to a "nice" school for your last semester.

i was about to fail a math class because the teacher couldn't speak english. but he curved the whole class cause everyone was failing. EVERYONE.
heh, that's how I passed Calc IV :D
The teacher had such a thick accent. He had some interesting side stories and was sympathetic to the class, but couldn't get past the language barrier. I felt a little bad for the guy, that was his first and last term at the school. He once spent an entire lecture talking about soccer ... or so we thought. The second day, he noticed the entire class was staring at him stupified, so he drew a circle on the blackboard, pointed at it, and said "soccer" :blackeye:

I had some of the best math teachers EVER. I took all my math classes at STCC, and they all spoke awesome English. They NEVER assigned mandatory HW, and trusted us to do HW when we felt we needed to to help us understand. Without a curve, I don't think a SINGLE person in my classes got below a C (almost all engineers/compsci majors, however).

Back