• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Brake problem

double check the axle nut. it should be torqued to 213 lb-ft, also double check the lug nuts are tight. in either case the wheel can wobble which can cause a strange knocking noise.

Caliper

Caliper

I noticed that the caliper has marks on the outside like it's rubbing on the wheel.

What can be causing that?

Thanks,

Intravino

Even though it's been a week I still didn't see a solutilon... The spring is on the wrong side of the saddle.
If you pause the video (wheel off) toward the end of the video (when you're panning out from the inner cv joint) it's very clear... You can also see that the caliper isn't parallel to the bracket.

Same thing happened to me on the last front brake job... spring popped a couple days after...

Just use a big flat screwdriver and wedge the spring to the other side of the saddle.

Thanks Greg .

I will check into that. I don't see when you see that the spring on wrong side of the saddle. What do mean by saddle??

I did not use the case because, I burnt the Clutch and the original radiator was corroded.

I just got my car today and it's still does that noise but lower.

Do you have a diagram that I can see the spring placement.

Thanks,

Intravino

Back