• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale FS: For Sale White 1998.5 CSVT lowered w/ torsen

Stylin55_oh

CEG'er
I am selling my white 1998.5 CSVT. Since i have an f-150 daily driver and my 3L turbo CSVT project finally wrapping up, its time to let her go. Also i have a valid passed e-check for it as well. The car is still a looker for sure!

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

Here are some facts.

Painted Cadilliac White Diamond (pearl white) -looks great
177,xxx miles
orginial engine - still runs great (new imrc installed recently)
2002 cougar transmission installed in 2004 (maybe 2005)
new OEM LuK clutch installed during transmission replacement
TORSEN limited slip diff.
lightened flywheel
Focus shift tower.
(i have pictures of all of the transmission stuff since you cant see it in the car)
Lowered on H&R springs
18" Velox vx-8 wheels with great condition tires (just installed)
Aftermarket kenwood cd player
front speakers run off an amp in truck
New Pioneer 6x8's in front doors (no speakers in rear doors)
New right front half shaft
New right front wheel bearing and spindle
New right rear wheel bearing
New Energy suspension rear bushings
Poly filled roll restrictor
tons of other parts have been replaced relatively recently i have some receipts to dig through
all brake pads are essentially new
rear rotors are cross drilled slotted. front are stock.

Some cons:
Needs a left rear speed sensor. I was told its cheaper to find a whole knuckle assembly.
AC has never functioned since i bought the car.
air bags were deployed in an accident in 2003 prior to painting the car white.

I am looking to get $4000. If anyone has any interest in the car pm me. I live in area code 44201 if anyone is interested in coming out to see it.

Do you know whats wrong with the AC? Has the steering wheel been replaced since the airbags went off? Got any pics of the engine bay?

I never tried to diagnose the ac, just assumed it was a leak.

The steering wheel was not replaced. The center piece of the steering wheel had the airbag removed and then glued back together. its not really noticeable. passenger side has a panel replacement where the airbag came out.

No pictures of the engine bay right now. It is average looking not show quality or anything. When the car was painted the core support was never clear coated. This has led to a dirty core support section with no real good way to clean it. all stickers are still on the core support though.

What about the inside of the doors and trunk?

inside of the doors and the entire decklid are white and have been cleared. the only thing that was missed as far as clear coat was the underside of the hood and the core support. (forgot to open the hood) the actual inside of the trunk is red still but you can't see any of that because of the trunk lining.

Relisted the car at $2800. The engine has suddenly lost power. It isn't misfiring just lacks power. Replaced the Upper and Lower intake manifold gaskets hoping to fix a vacuum leak but no change. So selling the car as is. Let me me know if anyone is interested.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back