• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Quarter mile times?

I've done that many times myself. Although I like mustangs a lot, the look on the drivers' faces is priceless. ...Just the other day, took a very very nice black GT with at least exhaust. His car sounded :drool: :drool: . I was running the slipping clutch and half bald tires mod. Then he did the ricer flyby after I slowed down. :troutslap: That made my day.
We used to call that a Ford finish (for the Mustangs we beat). A Ford start was when they would get next to you to get your attention, then drop back and take off so they would jump ahead. Usually it didn't matter and it ended with the aforementioned "Ford finish". This was back when I had my Z-28 and was anti-Ford.

It should matter.. because it said so in the rules which you ALL agreed to abide by when signing up for this forum. Whether or not you DO it, is irrelevant. Go somewhere else to talk about it, period.

Any further talk about street racing will be dealt with on a personal level.

When's the last time someone did a ricer fly-by at a track? they'd barrel theirselves off the end of the strip. Nice try...

Simply saying those words won't cover yourself. Just... don't talk about it.. Anyway.. on with the topic.

I managed a 13 second pass with my Hybrid. Only once though. I am consistently @ 14.1xx.
The car went 13.98 @ 100.73 MPH (IIRC)
Mods are as follows:
BuckShot Prepped 3L
SVT Heads W/ST220 Valve Springs (Freshened up)
SVT Cams
GreenCountry Transmissions Rebuilt Tranny
Quaife LSD
Spec Stage III Pucked Clutch
Lightenned SVT Flywheel
B&G 1.6" Springs
KYB Replacement Shocks (Yuck...I Know)
St200 17" Wheels
Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 215 Width
B&M Short Throw
No Resonator
No Cats W/MILs
Taylor Spiro-Pro Wires W/ NGK Iridiums (Added this in editing)
Open Element Air Filter
The Most important thing to note about my setup is that LITERALLY EVERY moving part in the motor was replaced with new parts out of the box. I didn't reuse anything but the cams and Valves.
I also removed ALL A/C Components, Added Carbon Fiber Hood, AAS Fiberglass Front Bumper, removed Spare and jack/accessories, and ran with less than a quarter tank of 91 Octane Fuel. This all helped in the weight savings dept.
I believe with proper tuning and a decent exhaust and header upgrade that I can be a consistent 13.9-13.6 SVT.

Track Conditions:
64 Degrees Fahrenhite(SP?)
Fresh VHT (Which I think hindered the process more than helping on street tires)
No Humidity outside
No breeze
In Short, it was a perfect night to be at the track.
I Have noticed that when barometric pressures change, the times will change with the pressure increase.

Last edited:
I managed a 13 second pass with my Hybrid. Only once though. I am consistently @ 14.1xx.
The car went 13.98 @ 100.73 MPH (IIRC)
Mods are as follows:
BuckShot Prepped 3L
SVT Heads W/ST220 Valve Springs (Freshened up)
SVT Cams
GreenCountry Transmissions Rebuilt Tranny
Quaife LSD
Spec Stage III Pucked Clutch
Lightenned SVT Flywheel
B&G 1.6" Springs
KYB Replacement Shocks (Yuck...I Know)
St200 17" Wheels
Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 215 Width
B&M Short Throw
No Resonator
No Cats W/MILs
Taylor Spiro-Pro Wires W/ NGK Iridiums (Added this in editing)
Open Element Air Filter
The Most important thing to note about my setup is that LITERALLY EVERY moving part in the motor was replaced with new parts out of the box. I didn't reuse anything but the cams and Valves.
I also removed ALL A/C Components, Added Carbon Fiber Hood, AAS Fiberglass Front Bumper, removed Spare and jack/accessories, and ran with less than a quarter tank of 91 Octane Fuel. This all helped in the weight savings dept.
I believe with proper tuning and a decent exhaust and header upgrade that I can be a consistent 13.9-13.6 SVT.

Track Conditions:
64 Degrees Fahrenhite(SP?)
Fresh VHT (Which I think hindered the process more than helping on street tires)
No Humidity outside
No breeze
In Short, it was a perfect night to be at the track.
I Have noticed that when barometric pressures change, the times will change with the pressure increase.

:cool: hahaha, Nice!
your mod list and description just Looks intimidating....no one will mess with you.
Semper Fi

pale horse has 3 big factors

high compression 3L
launch
no cats

what was your 60' btw?

I'll have to get with my buddy and ask him if he remembers. They weren't printing time slips at the midnight drag sessions at the time. If you didn't have a buddy watching, you wouldn't know what you ran...Kinda crappy in my opinion. Unfortunately it was what we had at the time. I am doing a few different things this spring to see if I can get a consistent 13 sec timeslip. When I run again, I'll be sure to post up a video and timeslip for comparisons. I'm sure someone can work up the math within a tenth or so. If I remember there was a calculator somewhere on the web that can get a real good ball park using the weight of the vehicle, ET, and trap speed. Does any one remember that??

Back