• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Nooooooo!!!!!

frenchblueC2

amusé par les flatulences
We've lost our Hooters!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

http://www.unionleader.com/article....rticleId=d53da6d9-8eaf-43e1-bcfc-69624498472b

Bankrupt Hooters owner closes last eight locations

Monday, Jun. 25, 2007

MANCHESTER – Posters advancing a pay-per-view event still hang in the windows of Hooters, but you'll probably have to find somewhere else to watch the Ultimate Fighting Championship event July 7.

The eight remaining restaurants owned and operated by R.J. Fitz L.P., including the Manchester location and two others in New Hampshire, closed their doors last week.

A clerk at the adjoining Amoskeag Inn confirmed that Hooters of Manchester closed Friday, and employees have reported they did not receive paychecks last week. Calls were not answered at any of the chain's three New Hampshire locations: in Manchester, Nashua and Salem.

R.J. Fitz L.P., a Massachusetts-based company that originally operated 12 of the restaurants in New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Massachusetts and New York, has been going through bankruptcy proceedings since October 2006.

The company's financial woes got worse Wednesday when the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Boston moved the bankruptcy filing from Chapter 11 to Chapter 7 status, forcing the company to cease operations.

"The company just experienced a decline in revenue since the beginning of 2007, which we think is consistent with other businesses in this industry," R.J. Fitz attorney Melvin Hoffman told the Cape Cod Times last week.

R.J. Fitz listed debts of $5.9 million when it filed for bankruptcy in 2006 after Hooters of America, the parent company based in Atlanta, Ga., tried to terminate its franchise agreement.

"There was basically a dispute over some stores in New York state that my clients had agreed to operate on behalf of Hooters of America," Hoffman said. "We needed to get out of that agreement, so that created some ill will on both sides."

Sucks to be you.
naanaa.gif

We still got ours plus a new one opened in Manchester about a year or so ago.
79630068144cf94eaf1b45.gif

Man, that sucks. I have been to the nashua and salem restaurants. I wanted to go to the manchvegas one, but oh well, guess thats not going to happen. Maybe someone will pick up the franchise and keep it going.:shrug: Doubt it.

Actually, it was the lack of quality Hooters that was the problem I think. ;)
The food has improved quite a bit since Hooters first came around IMO.
Besides, it's friggin pub food. If you go in expecting gourmet shiz, then you're a fool.

...quality Hooters...

We had one in Miami, over in the Doral area, that was a hot setup. I used to sit out and work beers and smoke cigarettes at the outdoor bar. It was right in the glideslope of Miami International. You'd hear nothing, then the loud roar and whine of GE jet engines. Looking up, the beasts would be right above. The strange doppler effect allowed those big jets to sneak right up on you. By the time they came over the restaurant, they were only at a few hundred feet.

So, if it wasn't breasts and thighs, you were looking at 757s.

A Colombian girl working the bar one day produced a deck of Hooters playing cards and asked if I might like to buy them for $5. In an effort to close the deal, she added, "I'm in here."

"All right, put 'em on my tab."

Last edited:
The only times I went was with NECEG! Some free food for 20 meet in Manch (thx Kim), then the limo ride during the blizzard (thx Kim) and the meet (birthday?) in Nashua. Good times!

Not that this should be all that surprising, but I have never been to a Hooters... :(

Back