• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

MY Friday 13th horror story.

Mystique97

Veteran CEG'er
Dripping Motorcraft 5w-30 on the mean streets of A
Well the Mystique had a accident tonight just got home. Me and the g/f were going to have some dinner and as I was gonna turn into the restaurant this dumb broad in a Explorer tailgated me and tried to swerve out of the way and well didn't quit make it she nailed me on the corner of the bumper. I was so po'ed I was going off on her (didn't swear at her and call her names) I told her I had my pregnant g/f in the car and all that. I also think I made her cry. :laugh:
She got cited for following to close. I know the damage isn't that bad, but of course it'll never be the same again. And yes everyone is ok. I also think she was talking on her cell phone when she hit me. I hope she learned her lesson. Well here's the carnage. I hate seeing the car like this. :cry: But it coulda been worse. Thank god it isn't.
IM000276.jpg

IM000277.jpg

IM000278.jpg

All it did to her Explorer was put a couple deep gouges in her front bumper.

My friend always says "I look forward to breaking something, cuz I know I get to replace it with something better." Good words to live by, lol. If she does indeed have to pay, work with her insurance company. That's how I got the fiberglass hood for my Tbird.

ouch, she'll be back to her original self in no time glad everyone's okay, my friends mom got t-boned earlier on her way to church yea church she's okay but her husband's baby is totaled

Well my dad does know the guy that's gonna fix it maybe I could just take the money and run...get some things fixed (paint wise) on the car and get a SVT body kit. :D

you have a pregnant girlfriend and you are blowing cash on an SVT body kit?

fix that bumper as Cheep as possible and put the rest of the cash away to help pay for Jr.

was she hot? it seems that whenever i get hit, its a really cute girl that gets really upset about it. and the nice guy i am, always lets them go... sometimes i wish i was mean and would scream my head off at the stupid things woman drivers do

was she hot? it seems that whenever i get hit, its a really cute girl that gets really upset about it. and the nice guy i am, always lets them go... sometimes i wish i was mean and would scream my head off at the stupid things woman drivers do

bahahahahhahahaahhaah! hardest ive laughed in weeks. but that sucks.

dude take the money and do all the work your self other than paint or what ever you cant do. then yea you have more money@!!!

you have a pregnant girlfriend and you are blowing cash on an SVT body kit?

fix that bumper as Cheep as possible and put the rest of the cash away to help pay for Jr.
lol .. they just bought a house, I expect they have their finances in good order to prepare for the kid!

That's not bad damage at all. And you'll get the little scrapes off your rear bumper too! I can't even count how many I have now from idiots hitting me parallel parking (clearcoat missing) and from putting heavy stuff in the trunk.

SVT body kit in that color would certainly be unique :) .. though for a pre98 Mystique you'd require lots of fabrication for the front, so it's probably not worth it.

I just thought about doing the skirts and rear bumper but it wouldn't look right. So I might just go with SE skirts. I'm hoping to find a bumper the same color and in good shape so I don't have to put much into it so I can get the little things fixed on her while it's in the shop, I have paint pealing under the right rear quarter panel so I could get that fixed while it's in there. I could also see about getting a dent removed (maybe) and my fenders recleared. and a big scrap on the bottom right side of it.
Well yeah we're pretty much set right now but when she goes on leave from work we'll be hurting a little but I'm going to take vacation when the baby gets here and job hunt because I'm tired of my job it's too easy, and I don't get paid enough.

Last edited:
anyone that causes an accident because they are on the phone needs to be punished worse than people drivng drunk... at least drunks are "trying" to drive right.

We think she was on the phone because most of the time we were stopped she was blabbing on her cell phone that she hit me to people one of those types of girls, iirc she was crying too. :rolleyes:
I just called my dad and he came down to make sure all was ok.
Oh yea btw I don't think she even said sorry to me.

anyone that causes an accident because they are on the phone needs to be punished worse than people drivng drunk... at least drunks are "trying" to drive right.

What about those losers that are drunk and on their phone at the same time?

I hate to say that I have seen this before, sadly.

how do you know they're drunk? they could just be really crappy drivers. like alex who drives his car while standing on the roof

Back