• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

help

buttersSVT

CEG'er
i know im cross posting but im screwd and i really need help....
car wont start....went to start it this morning and nothing no click, the only noise i hear was a humm from what im guessing was the fuel pump area, and under the hood....the humm under the hood is the solonoid behind the egr valve, if i unplug it, it stop humming obviously.....checked all the fuses, nothing wrong there went to start the car, turns over but no luck on it starting.....what is that solonoid called and would that be my problem?
chris

no blinking light.....i searched and thats all that i could come up with so i checkd it....not to sound stupid, but the pats light would be blinking somewhere in the gauge cluster right?

no blinking light.....i searched and thats all that i could come up with so i checkd it....not to sound stupid, but the pats light would be blinking somewhere in the gauge cluster right?

It would be the little red LED on the "Contour" panel that would be going crazy if you were having PATS problems. If it turns off after a couple of seconds when you try to start it, your PATS is probably good.

Is your coil pack getting power?

Check the clutch switch on the clutch pedal?

Sometimes my car won't start because my floor mat gets wedged up behind the clutch pedal and won't let me engage the switch.

Back